Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel was very unclean. I prefered to shower at the beach showers than at the hostels'. The staff was average, they had us waiting forever so we could check in. They say the breakfast is included, but it's only cereals, which would be alright if they didn't make you PAY for the milk!! Stayed in a 12 beds room, with no air con, so we had to sleep with the one patio door opened, which resulted in party noise and lights the whole night. Bad experience. ”
- 06 Jan 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ We stayed here because we thought it has great reviews - when we got here, turns out it is a terrible hostel and they were giving away free internet in exchange for good reviews! Dirty showers, with puddles in the middle of the bathroom. There was noise all night. The room has been overbooked - so 2 people shared a bed, which broke half way through the night. The receptionist came in a yelled at them in the morning - waking the whole room up. Overall bad vibes & badly organised. ”
- 02 Jan 2015 Jade England
- “ I never staied in such a bad hostel! The bathroom was disgusting! Everywhere hair on the floor and in the whole time we staied there (4 days) it only got cleaned once!!!! Then they will give you free WIFI if you write a good review on trip advisor which I think its just unbelivebul!!! ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Imsand
- “ They dont have free wifi. ”
- 29 Sep 2014 Anonymous Norway
- “ A hostel that is situated right at Coogee beach (literally). Perfect spot if you want to spend your days surfing or just relaxing in the sun. I booked a 12 bed room without view, which was the cheapest, but the room did not have air-condition, which equated to very hot nights. The atmosphere on the hostel was nice - a lot of party-oriented people. If that's your thing, you cant go wrong here. The staff were also pleasant in their reception of the guests. ”
- 07 Mar 2014 Anonymous Sweden