THE BEACH waikiki boutique hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I had an excellent experience at this hostel. The staff were very friendly and eager to help. It has a very social atmosphere and perks like free pizza nights, etc. As far as hostels go, it is one of the cleanest that I have stayed in. The location is perfect, you are minutes from the beach and at the end of Waikiki so to speak, so you have the beach on one side and a huge park on the other. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others and will stay here again when I return. Mahalo! ”
- 01 Mar 2015 Caitlin Canada
- “ Love the staff especially the manager. So sweet and patient. The only prob was the 2pm check in so if I booked another day, different reservation, I would have to bring all my stuff at 11am down to front desk and pray that my laptop wouldn't get snagged cuz the lil lockers in room are too small and no lockers at front desk. Otherwise I love the wooden bunk beds. Less noisy than the metal one that creak with every move. ”
- 24 Feb 2015 Leiana USA
- “ Jose at the front desk was very helpful. He helped me get a good deal on the island tour. They also organize free bbqs from time to time. I found the food to be quite good. Overall I found the hostel to be quite decent. I'd definitely recommend it. ”
- 13 Feb 2015 Anonymous India
- “ Great location .. Would definitely recommend to friends. ”
- 12 Jan 2015 Anonymous Australia
- “ I can't understand why this hostel is so highly recommended. The room was mit very clean and especially the bathroom was disgusting: dust and dirt in every corner and mold in the shower. The cleaning lady was obviously only responsible for the toilett and the trash. The staff mixed up our booking so that we had to sleep in seperate rooms. Breakfast is basic. i have been in a lot of hostels but this one was rather poor. The atmosphere was good though. ”
- 03 Jan 2015 Sophie Germany
- “ Excellent location. Each room came with its own attached bath. That was nice. It was clean enough. Rooms had lockers for each person. Hostel was run by young folks. Nice get-together area on the terrace. ”
- 25 Dec 2014 Gokul India
- “ It is such a nice place to stay. As a guest your so welcome everytime you have a question about hikes, food, restaurants,... just everything! We loved our stay at this awesome hostel. ”
- 09 Dec 2014 Marcus Germany
“ The location of the hostel is very good, but I stayed 1 week at this hostel and I never saw anyone cleaning anything. I had a 1 1/2 foot tall bright green mushroom growing from the bathroom cabinet, the floor was full of sand, shower was very dirty with molds and old shampoo on the walls. kitchen was very dirty as well, with old food in fridge and on counter, fruit flies everywhere. I traveled around the world and this is the worst hostel I ever stayed in. I would never recommend this hostel. ”
Aloha First of all, we are very sorry about your experience. We do have daily cleaning service for all guest rooms. Due to high demand, we had to change the employee room to guest room in Dec and, it was transition period when you stayed with us. We just renovated the bathroom for the room you stayed, deep cleaning and open for guests room with same condition of other guest room. Again, We are very sorry for the inconvenience, hope that we can accommodate you again in the future. Mahalo.
- 07 Dec 2014 Valerie Canada
- “ I really enjoyed staying there. Good staffs, good facility, good atmosphere... very friendly! It is a pity...just cleaning room part was not so great. Hope they will improve that part. Well overall was good! I would like to suggest this hostel to friends, and would like to use for my future vacation. THX! ”
- 07 Dec 2014 Anonymous Japan