Taroko Liwu Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I really liked it here. If you want to visit Toroko you couldn't pick a better location. The staff is friendly and helpful. The owner really helped me navigate my way through the gorges. He has a blown up map on the wall and all the bus schedules, which allows you can start your trek early before HQ opens. I know other reviews said the water was cold and the beds were uncomfortable, but as of March 2016 I didn't have any of these problems and your headboard/desk opened up into a locker. ”
- 02 Apr 2016 Akosua USA
- “ This is more like a bed and breakfast. The only good part is it is right next to the Taroko park, so I was able to walk in and trek at my own convenience early in the morning, which was great, because after 9/10 am, the park gets noisier with visitors. Taroko town is dead after 6pm without options for food. It felt a bit depressing to eat from 7-11 for two days, so overall I wouldn't recommend staying here. The owners don't do much to make the place feel friendly. Very quiet - just howling dogs ”
- 20 Mar 2016 Anonymous India
- “ Enjoyed my stay at Liwu hostel, super nice owners and their cute little girl! I would recommend that they renovate their restroom and separate the toilet and the shower facilities. ”
- 28 Apr 2015 Anonymous USA