Tasman Bay Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Lovely place to stay. Staff were very pleasant from when they picked me up from the bus to when I left I felt very welcomed. Wifi was good, social areas were spacious and it's just a short walk to the bay. The room was maybe a little cramped and maybe a limited number of showers, but who cares, they give you free chocolate cake and ice cream. I would stay in a medium sized hole in the ground if it came with free chocolate cake. ”
- 03 Feb 2015 Anonymous England
- “ I had a really nice time at Tasman Bay Backpackers. I like that its not that big. Its easy to get in touch with people, the staff is nice and friendly. Free bike hire and towels. Clean. God kitchen fascilities and nice sofas:) I felt safe when i was there. And i enjoyed eating chocolate pudding every night with the others. I would recommend it to anybody:) ”
- 19 Jan 2015 Karen Emilie Denmark
- “ Fantastic and friendly staff, great facilities and perfect location. As someone said - it's the small things that make the difference at a backpackers. This place has all the small things. eg unlimited Wifi ”
- 13 Jan 2015 Campbell New Zealand
- “ Everything was good!! Thank you!! But if you repair your bicycles, it will make your accommodation perfect! ”
- 03 Jan 2015 Anonymous South Korea
- “ I loved the 4 bed accommodation and the fact that the wooden bunk was firmly attached to the wall so no creaking or groaning. Breakfast and chocolate pudding included in the cost a definite bonus. The best hostel I have used in Nelson :-) ”
- 20 Oct 2014 Claire England
- “ To put it simply, if I was ever in Nelson again, I would stay here without a second thought about it! ”
- 13 Mar 2014 Jill USA