Taupo Urban Retreat
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great place! rooms are not very spacious but the facilities are great, awesome staff and a nice bar :) ”
- 30 Jun 2014 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Clean hostel, super friendly staff, they are licensed, happy hour beers are cheap! They'll be glad to book any tours and buses for you like Tongariro Crossing. Unfortunately no free wifi, just one hour (honour system) at their computer stations. Kitchen was good, common area had a good vibe. $3 for laundry wash, $2 for dryer (15min). Lacking a power outlets in the room (2 for 6 in a room) the beds were REALLY squeaky. Overall pretty good place :) ”
- 22 Apr 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Excellent staff, good location, big kitchen, lots of fridges. Storage boxes under your bed (bring a padlock). Aircon in room, so you can catch a cold. ;) A rare feature, which is either a good or bad thing depending on the point of view, is the fact that the hostel has alcohol selling rights, which means there are people partying every night. So, either join in or bring earplugs. Wi-Fi worked well, at least in the ground floor room and at 4$ for 24h wasn't the worst steal I've seen. Recommended! ”
- 09 Feb 2014 Miika Finland
- “ They have very nice staffs. I lost my IPhone somewhere in the city and staffs tried to help me find it. THANKS! (I found it luckily :D ) Their location is good which is centre area of the town. It is fair enough for budget travellers. ”
- 18 Sep 2013 Anonymous South Korea