Taupo Urban Retreat
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Excellent staff, good location, big kitchen, lots of fridges. Storage boxes under your bed (bring a padlock). Aircon in room, so you can catch a cold. ;) A rare feature, which is either a good or bad thing depending on the point of view, is the fact that the hostel has alcohol selling rights, which means there are people partying every night. So, either join in or bring earplugs. Wi-Fi worked well, at least in the ground floor room and at 4$ for 24h wasn't the worst steal I've seen. Recommended! ”
- 09 Feb 2014 Miika Finland
- “ They have very nice staffs. I lost my IPhone somewhere in the city and staffs tried to help me find it. THANKS! (I found it luckily :D ) Their location is good which is centre area of the town. It is fair enough for budget travellers. ”
- 18 Sep 2013 Anonymous South Korea
- “ Very young people here, and the lady who helped us when we arrived (in the middle of the night) was very unfriendly. I realise we woke her up, but it was as agreed upfront and she was being very unprofessional. ”
- 24 Aug 2013 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Friendly staff, especially the bar had some remarkable offers :-) ”
- 25 Apr 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Very much a youth hostel. Rooms were clean enough but the bathrooms were a bit grimy. Good location though and having a full bar on site was a nice plus. Also internet connection was good and affordable. Would stay here again. ”
- 05 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA