Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Tavern47 was a great place to stay. Staff is friendly, helpful. Great. Food was great, beds warm and comfortable. Great atmosphere. Loved it. If I return to shangrila, this is the place I would stay. ”
- 31 Oct 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Jun, the Korean proprietor, reaches out to the traveler with friendliness. He and his Chinese wife speak English and can answer questions, help with tour bookings. Improvement needed: shared bathroom-shower has poor drainage, water pools on the floor. One shower had no hooks for hanging clothes, other shower OK. Stairway should have a railing installed for safety. The room had a metal box but no key to lock it. Facilities description needs rewrite to reflect present conditions. ”
- 30 Jun 2016 Pieter USA
- “ it's so good. the president of hostel has a lot of attachment to client. and he is so kind. hostel is little bit cold..but under the bed electric pad is set. so it can endure.(i think everywhere of shanglila hostel is cold..) and best thing is the food he sell. yak- burger and the many korea foods,, everything so good. ”
- 14 Jan 2016 Anonymous South Korea
- “ This is a very nice hostel located at the edge of the old town of Shangri-La. The hostel is clean and electronic mattress is provided to every traveller. The owners and staffs are really nice and they are eager to talk and share the info to you. The hostel is very cozy and there's a stove in the middle of the common area. The weather is so cold that every one is eager to stay at the stove and talk to each other in a relaxing way. This is definitely one of the best stay in town. ”
- 08 Jan 2016 Anonymous Hong Kong