The 80's Guesthouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I only stayed two nights. It has a good location to explore Penang. The bus station is just at the end of the street to Penang Hill and the big temple. Restaurants and bars are in the same street and cover Malayan, Indian and Western food! the street arts are in walking distance. There is nothing I disliked. Maybe the AC should be managed by the hostel as tourists put it either to cold (19 degrees!) or to hot (28 degrees!). I caught a could because of it... ”
- 06 Feb 2017 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ The policy with no entrance after midnight for checked in guests was an annoyance. Especially annoying because on the hostels.com description it is stated that 24h reception and 24 hour security is provided. At least it should be mentioned in the description that staff will tell you you will not be able to enter the hostel after 00:00. The staff availability was not very satisfactor in general, we had to wait 20 min before they showed up for our check in. ”
- 24 Aug 2016 Anonymous Austria
- “ Everything is perfectly fine. Except for that staff who didn't turn up. We waited for 2 hours to check in, our schedule was delayed. We visited less place. We have to go to another guesthouse under the same management to get ourself check in. Staff weren't friendly at all when we're checking out because we were checked in by another staffs and there were some room changes. ”
- 08 Jul 2016 Nevins Malaysia