Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Staff is extremely friendly and you feel very safe. ”
- 11 Jan 2015 suttle USA
- “ The experience I had at The Backpack was extraordinary. Unbelievably helpful staff (huge thank you to Jade, Melanie and Thomas), super well-maintained and chic decor, welcoming vibe and genuinely down-to-earth atmosphere. Great mix of guest there too; quiet when you need it but lively engaging center space for having plenty of fun too. No one wants to leave--many of us just keep extending our stay :) I will for sure encourage it to anyone going to Cape Town as a must stay! ”
- 22 Dec 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ My stay was great. Staff was exceptionally helpful. Only concerns- the cabinets in the lion room were all broken, none of te locks actually worked. That ro also had a bit of a bad smell. ”
- 12 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ My only complaint would be the Internet facilities which were very slow. The rest was excellent. ”
- 05 Mar 2014 Anonymous South Africa
- “ Shops and restaurants are close by, the centre and the waterfront not. But you need a car, taxi or bus anyway to get around in capetown. Great place to stay! ”
- 16 Feb 2014 Julia Germany
- “ What a great hostel! Every night seemed like a party. Open bar, dining and lounge area to meet and to make friends. The staff is absolutely AMAZING!!! The housekeepers are always at work to ensure a clean environment. The kitchen staff make the BEST spinach & feta omelets and fruit in a glass (and even served me birthday cake for my birthday...thanks Portia!) The receptionists are not only pretty but extremely helpful. I woud definitely stay again. And congrats on your recent award! ”
- 12 Feb 2014 Marcus USA