The Black Sheep Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I would stay again, a great step up from other hostels in Killarney. However, there was no one tending the front desk when checking in (during opening hours). Security is lax, there is a code on the main door, but it was always unlocked when I came and went (afterhours). Same for the room door, I never once had to use my key to enter. Also, I would recommend having a drop box to leave your key if you have to leave outside front desk hours. Bathrooms cleanliness could be better maintained. ”
- 12 May 2018 Anonymous Canada
- “ At 3:00 AM My 14 year old daughter, my 23 year old son, and 2 other people in our room were awakened by a drunken resident who put on the lights and demanded that another guest give up the bunk he slept in for the previous two nights. After 45 minutes of him screaming in our room the man that was sleeping went down stairs to avoid the situation getting worse. Once he left the drunk crawled into the bunk. I woke up the staff on duty but they decided to do nothing about it. Email me for more info. ”
- 17 Apr 2018 Anonymous USA
- “ Checking in, the staff was very nice! The rooms were really big and the beds all had privacy curtains, outlet and light. The mattress had to be a foot tall. The showers were independent rooms and the water was always hot. Could not have asked for more!! ”
- 06 Apr 2018 Martha USA
- “ I love the fact that they had fresh eggs from the chickens on the property for us to eat. It was a very homey environment. I stayed in a couple hostels during my trip and this one had the biggest kitchen, it was nice to have space to cook! ”
- 19 Sep 2017 Kristen USA