The Bowery House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Pay 20 dollars more and get a real room at another place. This place was awful. I had chosen this place because they had the lowest price for a single room, I ended up with sharing a floor with 120 people. This was a horrible place. You are not allowed to eat or type on your computer and the hallways are always dark, making this place a hostel from a scary movie. So creepy... Plus the worst part of it was that there is a very close nightclub nearby that plays really loud music. Just horrible.. ”
- 07 Feb 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Someone needs to monitor the information provided online (probably by Hostels.com) concerning the Bowery House. The directions for which subway to catch were okay, but the walking instructions point a traveler in exactly the wrong direction. The facilities work well and are clean, but are far too few for the number of "cabins". I don't mind paying for spartan accommodations; I mind paying for a cot that's too short for me. Because I'm a mere 5'4" the cots are too short for almost everyone. ”
- 15 Jul 2013 Victoria USA
- “ The bathrooms were very dirty and the maids dragged the mopped on the floor as they were putting it back into the untility room creating a wet streak in the middle of the floor that I almost slipped on. Also, you need a new water heater. It is impossible to take a warm shower. ”
- 15 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Room was too dark and small for me. Also, there was a lot of additional costs that is not understandable. No breakfast is served not like other hostels I've been. The staffs are pretty friendly. ”
- 13 Mar 2013 Anonymous South Korea