The Bowery House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Someone needs to monitor the information provided online (probably by Hostels.com) concerning the Bowery House. The directions for which subway to catch were okay, but the walking instructions point a traveler in exactly the wrong direction. The facilities work well and are clean, but are far too few for the number of "cabins". I don't mind paying for spartan accommodations; I mind paying for a cot that's too short for me. Because I'm a mere 5'4" the cots are too short for almost everyone. ”
- 15 Jul 2013 Victoria USA
- “ The bathrooms were very dirty and the maids dragged the mopped on the floor as they were putting it back into the untility room creating a wet streak in the middle of the floor that I almost slipped on. Also, you need a new water heater. It is impossible to take a warm shower. ”
- 15 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Room was too dark and small for me. Also, there was a lot of additional costs that is not understandable. No breakfast is served not like other hostels I've been. The staffs are pretty friendly. ”
- 13 Mar 2013 Anonymous South Korea
- “ I stayed in the winter period, so it was cold out side. Therefore the heater was turned on maximum inside. This is good, but during the night it is not preferable and no fresh air was added to the room. In addition the heater produced a lot of hard noise, so earplugs are badly needed. Although the hostel was cleaned very well I was bitten by a bed bug. I reported this and directly got a new room. ”
- 15 Feb 2013 Marloes Netherlands
- “ If you're over 6ft tall and are claustrophobic, this place is not for you. ”
- 03 Feb 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ The noise level is very loud. You can hear everything the others are doing: if they breath loud, snore, typing on their laptops, close the door, lie on the bed,.. It's like your camping. The rooms are extremely small around 2.5 m2 - this is no joke! If your suitcase does not fit under your bed, good luck! I also stayed at an other hostel in Midtown which had a better location, better facilities, bigger rooms, tv, internet and was cheaper - even during New Years Eve! ”
- 01 Jan 2013 Isabelle Switzerland