The Burren Hostel (Sleepzone)
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ If one is looking for a party and lots of noise, then this hostel will meet those needs. Personally, I like a good night's sleep in a comfortable, neither of which was available here. Every door in the place closes with a loud slam, and the slamming continues throughout the night. The common areas were so loud with activity and partying that it was difficult to hear the TV even with the door closed. Lisdoonvarna is a charming village, and one can get better accommodations elsewhere. ”
- 21 Jun 2014 Jacqueline USA
- “ In the middle of no where. All the things it says you can do there you can only do if you have a car. The kitchen was supposed to be closed for a few hours everyday for cleaning but instead it was closed for most of the day. Laundry is done through the staff and I paid to have some things dried but they left them wet all night so they smelled when I got them back. Forgot a pair of shoes. they agreed to send them on to my next hostel only the shoes never arrived and they refused to reply to email ”
- 13 Aug 2013 Anne Canada
- “ Stayed here during part of my Spring Break--LOVED IT! Some of my friends are headed up to Ireland this weekend and I recommended Burren. Small town and a quaint hostel. I was cold so the receptionist offered a personal heater on top of additional blankets, I felt warm and welcomed. Also he gave us a ride to the Cliffs of Mohr for free instead of the taxi and recommended some awesome sites and activities to do, such as seeing the beach with the dolphin that has inhabited its waves for 6 years. ”
- 18 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA