The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was awesome. Hotel was handy/central to everything and I liked old world style of the hotel. ”
- 03 Oct 2013 Joyce New Zealand
- “ A lovely building with great staff. However, the kitchen/lounge area is rather small. Very noisy the second night with loud music from a floor below. ”
- 30 Aug 2013 Sandi New Zealand
- “ We had a great time at the Cambridge Backpackers. The friendliness and welcoming atmosphere struck us immediately as we walked in the door, especially since it was such a great contrast with the Base Hostel where we had stayed in Auckland. Cambridge Backpackers is a smaller hostel (attached to a hotel) and the staff is much more personable. The facilities were clean and convenient, and the lounge/TV area was a fun place to hang out at night with the hostel/hotel's more long-term guests. ”
- 05 Dec 2012 Olivia France
- “ Very large building, convenient location - but rooms are cramped, bathrooms are small and toilets/showers don't always work. Lots of people living there trying to find jobs or on gap years, so not the best place for people just staying a few days. A bit of a trek from city centre. Short walk to waterfront. Staff is friendly, just away from the front desk quite frequently. Internet was down the entire time, and had apparently been that way for several days. ”
- 06 Nov 2012 Anonymous USA