The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed 2 night in the single room. Mostly not bad. Rather say good,because of the price. If I should say something, I can say that the room was smelling like some aromatic. Power point was far away to a jug. What's more, TV wasn't clear, always has sand storm. However, price was really cheap. ”
- 19 May 2015 Magishi Japan
- “ Bad: Holes in the carpet. window couldn't close completely, funky smell in the room, extension cord of the water heater was lying in the sink, stickers on furniture, the bed was moving around a lot (two mattresses), woke up in the middle of the night by some sort of hotel airconditioning system which was located near my room. Good: If you love free music, this is the right hostel for you thanks to the bar downstairs. ”
- 31 Mar 2015 Richard Netherlands
- “ The 'Superior Double Bed Private Ensuite' was an excellent choice in terms of value : money. The bathroom was rather narrow, but cleaned daily, and with the bathing products available (soap, shampoo, conditioner + small face towels). The location is very good, close to Courtenay Pl (plenty of buses, also to the airport), Cuba Street, Te Papa Museum etc. It definitely was a pleasant stay. ”
- 10 Mar 2015 Diogo Portugal
- “ We were very transient, arriving late, leaving early. There was some confusion over the room but we were quickly given an extra room...but it was over the hotel downstairs that was in party mode. But the staff were truly wonderful after we explained we needed a room away from the noise. ”
- 20 Dec 2014 Peter New Zealand