The Chill House Backpackers hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I spent a couple days in this Hostel. The staff is amazing and are very helpful to their guest's needs. It is cheap and in the center of the city over looking a (mini memorial park). The Hostel is on the second floor above a restaurant with one entrance/exit so security is not an issue. They have small lockers that can fit a tablet, a cell, a camera or any other small items you may have. For the lockers bring your own lock of course. The Hostel is not far from the Clock Tower. ”
- 03 Aug 2016 Renato Jamaica
- “ Worst hostel! Dirty and unsafe. Only took cash. Looks nothing like the pictures on this site. It was a total rip off. Do not go here!!! We were supposed to stay for 4 days and left after one night. Still waiting for our refund, but I highly double it will come. If you want to know what this place looks like, Google search images of a heroin den and you will see what our private room and bathroom looked like. Awful. Do. Not. Book. Here. ”
- 30 Jul 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Overall, happy with the value for money, their sister hostel MACAKO is the chill house, makako (a famous and awesome band from spain), describes it better, live music and performances on the plaza or restaurant below the hostel. This plaza is nice to check out from the awesome balcony. highly recommended to music lovers. Also a note to the hotel manager, beware people ignoring the signs not to plug phones into the computer, i saw a sketchy guy from ibiza maybe recording passwords this way ”
- 07 Feb 2016 Kelly
- “ I enjoyed everything about the Chill House. The staff have been incredibly friendly and helped me navigate the city. I would definitely recommend Chill House to other travelers passing through Cartagena. ”
- 29 Sep 2015 Jesse USA