The Chilli Bangkok
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Room was tiny but cute. Used to small Asian bathrooms, so no problem there. Air conditioning worked, a plus. But the bed...OH MY GOD. So hard and uncomfortable. Might as well have slept on the floor. Really unfriendly people stayed there, just felt the chill in the very humid hot air all the time. Neighborhood okay, not that great. Lots of mating cats all night screaming. ”
- 05 Feb 2013 Ann USA
- “ We had a really difficult time finding the hostel added to that the language barrier. We asked the police, the store owner, the man on the street, the street vendor and nobody seemed to know where the street is located and nobody seems to know the Chilli Bangkok Hostel :( It was good the person manning the pharmacy knows a little English and was very accommodating even going as far as looking up the street name on his computer. If not for him we would have gone around the block the 4th time!!! ”
- 14 Oct 2012 Marsya Veronica
- “ Good location near the train station. The directions given are wrong though. Rooms can be very small, I booked the share bunks & the room only held the bunks & an ensuie. O.K. if you know the person really well. ”
- 06 Oct 2012 Anonymous
- “ i'm booking for 3 night from Aug 26-29 2012 but i must pay 1 day more when check out. the staff think 26-29 is 4 day, but if i check in at 26 and out at 27 = 1 night, isn't it? and in at 27, out 28 = 1 night, and in at 28, out 29. its mean 3 night not 4. i'm very disappointed ”
- 29 Aug 2012 Yudha Indonesia
- “ The Chilli is truly the hostels of all hostels. A no-frills facility that has the bone dry basics – bed, air conditioner, sink and bathroom in each room. Despite the minimalist ambience, the Chilli is very clean and well maintained. This hostel is ideal for college students, low-budget travelers, or backpackers. Or if you are looking for a place to simply use as a crash pad at the end of the day (isn’t that what most tourists do anyways?), I recommend this place. The only disadvantage is that it is ”
- 12 May 2012 Anonymous USA