The Chocolate Five star Hostel and Crew House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hello hostel.com,The following is a list of facts I observed upon arrival.The unit 7 was filthy I went to a store bought cleaning supplies and cleaned the place myself .It appeared to not have been cleaned in months perhaps years..On the website these amenities were mentioned but not provided(lockers) none in unit ,no television ,no coffee maker or microwave.The first day and a half no hot water.All in all the CHOCOLATE HAD A GHOST SHIP FEEL.IT WAS TERRIBLE! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. ”
- 25 Oct 2014 patrick USA
- “ What adisgusting mess, and the staff was rude. I should have reported that pillow and the kitchen to the health dept. ”
- 07 Mar 2014 Ra USA
- “ If you want to get to know people - this is the place to go: people are spendiung ther time at the pool, or the bench/tables outside. ”
- 22 Feb 2014 Philipp Germany
- “ Their office closes at 9:30pm and doesn't open till 9:30am, meaning that if you have delayed flights or a schedule to keep, that checking in and out are problematic at best. When my flight was delayed a day, they did not responds to any of my e-mails nor to any of my calls, and their voice-mail was perpetually full. Posters on the room walls were vulgar and defensive, and counter-productive in discouraging druggies and nudists from staying there. ”
- 12 Feb 2014 Jacob USA
- “ We arrived late at night - after the office had closed. A note was left detailing our room and bed numbers. We proceeded to the listed dorm, only to realize that Chocolate Hostel had overbooked and put someone else in the beds that the note specified, and that we therefore had no beds. The community of other guests was very open and kind, and we ended sleeping on a couch and a futon on the floor, both in the common area. In the morning, the office never opened so we couldn't speak with anyone. ”
- 08 Feb 2014 Julia Canada
- “ They taped my key to the front door when I arrived late, which was very nice, and I liked it. But the floor of my room was unswept and there were no sheets. The bathroom was dirty. And the office did not open until hours after the posted time. I could have easily left without paying. ”
- 12 Jan 2014 Jason Canada