The Chocolate Five star Hostel and Crew House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ If you want to get to know people - this is the place to go: people are spendiung ther time at the pool, or the bench/tables outside. ”
- 22 Feb 2014 Philipp Germany
- “ Their office closes at 9:30pm and doesn't open till 9:30am, meaning that if you have delayed flights or a schedule to keep, that checking in and out are problematic at best. When my flight was delayed a day, they did not responds to any of my e-mails nor to any of my calls, and their voice-mail was perpetually full. Posters on the room walls were vulgar and defensive, and counter-productive in discouraging druggies and nudists from staying there. ”
- 12 Feb 2014 Jacob USA
- “ We arrived late at night - after the office had closed. A note was left detailing our room and bed numbers. We proceeded to the listed dorm, only to realize that Chocolate Hostel had overbooked and put someone else in the beds that the note specified, and that we therefore had no beds. The community of other guests was very open and kind, and we ended sleeping on a couch and a futon on the floor, both in the common area. In the morning, the office never opened so we couldn't speak with anyone. ”
- 08 Feb 2014 Julia Canada
- “ They taped my key to the front door when I arrived late, which was very nice, and I liked it. But the floor of my room was unswept and there were no sheets. The bathroom was dirty. And the office did not open until hours after the posted time. I could have easily left without paying. ”
- 12 Jan 2014 Jason Canada
- “ Nasty. Old sheets, ear plugs in sheets. Fear of bed bugs and/or ticks all night (couldn't even sleep). Drug fueled tenants. Felt itchy the entire time. Didn't take shower in the morning because I felt cleaner not taking one. Don't do it. ”
- 29 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Every night while I was there, there was a lot of partying and talking going on, often into the wee hours of the morning, thus making it very noisy. Many of the lights weren't working and almost every room in the dorm-like apartment I've stayed in had black spots on the floor and my bed was extremely lumpy and hard-as-a-rock. I've checked-out early as a result. It was a slighty-clean, party-hardy place, to be very blunt. ”
- 11 May 2013 Anonymous USA