The Chocolate Five star Hostel and Crew House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Nasty. Old sheets, ear plugs in sheets. Fear of bed bugs and/or ticks all night (couldn't even sleep). Drug fueled tenants. Felt itchy the entire time. Didn't take shower in the morning because I felt cleaner not taking one. Don't do it. ”
- 29 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Every night while I was there, there was a lot of partying and talking going on, often into the wee hours of the morning, thus making it very noisy. Many of the lights weren't working and almost every room in the dorm-like apartment I've stayed in had black spots on the floor and my bed was extremely lumpy and hard-as-a-rock. I've checked-out early as a result. It was a slighty-clean, party-hardy place, to be very blunt. ”
- 11 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ One drawback. I paid $11 up front to get a confirmation for four nights. They took the $11, sent the confirmation and then took another $101 for the full price of my stay. I stopped payment on the $101. When I arrived, they insisted I pay the full amount in advance even though the $11 was to allow me to change my dates and length of stay if needed. They said the $11 was just for you guys and had nothing to do with any promisess. Long story short, I paid the $101 up front and had a great stay. ”
- 05 Feb 2013 Gerry USA
- “ the place is very cool.is awesome. most importantly the two owners of the hostel. the columbian guy has avid music taste, playing a DJ during the day, and giving complimentary spanish language lessons during the night in his bedroom, which is a bonus. he's very acomodating. his partner is a very sweet girl. ”
- 12 Dec 2012 Anonymous Canada