The Drunken Monkey Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was a super fun and pleasant stay. The staff was super kind and fun, the best hostel staff I've ever met! I had a real good time with them (the bar crowling the hostel offered almost killed me though haha very fun, I strongly recommend you to join if they have one ;). The hostel is not located close to the city center, but it is right next to the beautiful beach. It was very relaxing. The room and the bathroom was spacy and clean. If you are looking for a friendly and fun hostel, right place! ”
- 11 Jul 2013 Anonymous
- “ This was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff was amazing, everyone was very friendly and helpful, which provided an environment where you could really relax. The bar in the hostel, in addition to the common room was a great addition; it made it very easy to socialize with other travelers. Rooms were great, very powerful a/c. They offer trips to national parks for quite a bit less than the tour companies. The location was about 20 minutes waling from downtown, but taxis are cheap. ”
- 08 Jun 2013 Anonymous USA
“ The main issue with this hostel was the location, as it was about a half hour walk into Zadar, and in a town center as compact as Zadar this was quite a drag. Facilities modern and clean, staff friendly. Would have been fine if I wasnt paying 25 euros a night in off season, as it was it seemed overpriced. ”
Hi guest, we felt it impossible to offer guests the facilities we advertised in the center of town (garden, splash pool, sun terrace, BBQ, ect). I must reiterate that im not the tallest or fastest walker in the world and it only takes me 15/20 minutes as advertised on the website. Plus not to mention it is a fantastic walk along the Kolovare promanade to the city gates. On the final point we have reduced our prices in Sept this year. I hope your future travels are enjoyable. Kind regards, Drunken Monkey
- 12 Sep 2011 Gareth
- “ Quite a walk (20+ min) from the Old Town. Hostel is very modern and clean, but the rooms are pretty tiny, and the A/C isnt very powerful. Nice bar, and friendly staff. Had problems with wi-fi while we were there, but it got fixed after two days. ”
- 11 Sep 2011 Anonymous Canada
- “ Great staff, great facilities, clean, new and all round a great hostel. ”
- 07 Sep 2011 Colm