The Dublin Central Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ When everything is perfect in a hostel that can offers you more services than a lot of hotels, you just can say: i'll be back. Great staff and good quality for a great price. Absolutely recommended! ”
- 16 Jan 2014 Daniel Spain
- “ Location is really excellent (a few minutes from O'Connel and everything else). We've took a private ensuite, which was ok (very simple, but excellent value for money). No complaints. Our airplane arrived late and we had to wake up the staff for the check in, they were very helpful! ”
- 25 Oct 2013 Anonymous Portugal
- “ Stayed here with my girlfriend and another couple on night one of our trip across Ireland. Each couple had private ensuite rooms. Ian the proprietor was very warm and helpful, and shared a lot of great tips for exploring Dublin. Our room was nicely appointed, with a few tiny problems not worth complaining about while there (burnt out light bulb, loose shower door). Living room and den were also comfy places to relax outside the room. Great location to downtown. Will stay again. Thank you kindly! ”
- 15 Sep 2013 Kirk USA
- “ I absolutely loved the place. We were greeted with a very friendly and helpful member of staff at the check in desk. The place was clean, well designed, colourful and quiet. It was amazing value for money. I would definitely return without hesitation. ”
- 26 Aug 2013 Gemma Ireland
- “ struggled to find the pre-booked car park on arrival, but apart from that was pleasantly surprised by the standards. very hospitable place ”
- 21 Jun 2013 Simon Wales
- “ Good location but paper thin walls and windows. Sleeping was very difficult even with ear plugs. Ask for a room that does not have windows fronting the smoking area as that's where guests tend to hang out listening to music and talking loud late at night. We were especially disappointed with one of the staff member's behaviour, who would not leave the smoking area or agree to be quiet even when asked several times (1 am-4 am). Breakfast is quite modest: only toast, butter, jam and corn flakes. ”
- 13 May 2013 Mirjami Finland