The Great Wall Box House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This place is a must stay for travelers who want to experience the Great Wall of China. Located in a small village in the shadow of the wall, it is beautiful. We had a private room, a little bit higher cost but well worth it. The staff were awesome, our room was comfortable, and our visits to the Great Wall were unbelievable. ”
- 05 Aug 2014 Roy USA
- “ I could see the Great Wall of China from my bed - the best recommendation I can give!! Follow the pdf directions the hostel gives you, and it's easy to get to - the tunnel is the only one on the bus route! Make sure to check the bus times in the pdf (from origin not your stop) and ignore the taxis! The hostel is spotless, the vegetarian food is great (free dinner!), the many cats are super friendly, the staff are knowledgeable and helpful about walks :) BUT bottled water is y12, pricy!! ”
- 26 May 2014 Justine Wales
- “ Dont be scared about the location - the bus & taxi combo was really easy with some nice sightings along the way. A GReat walk along the WALL. Good healthy vegetarian dinner for Free! Cutr town, heated toilet seats, laundry machine, hot showers, clean & spacious dorm. ”
- 06 Apr 2014 Daniel and Kristina USA