The Great Wall Box House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Amazing stay. I already miss all 9 cats! I will fly from the states directly here next time! The hostel, the staff, the food, the cats and the location are all true gems. ”
- 08 Apr 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ It's more expensive than an average Chinese hostel and there's a reason for it: this is not average. This is a real gem, worth all the money you're paying for. Best place I've been in China and one of the best hostels worldwide. Amazing location close to the Great Wall with plenty of hiking opportunities, nice and friendly English-speaking staff who will do everything to make your stay enjoyable, social dinner for all guests. Lovely cats :) I would definitely recommend staying here. ”
- 21 Oct 2014 Anonymous Italy
- “ One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at for so many reasons. Amazing location, friendly and knowledge staff, clean and funky hostel with lots of added extras like heated toilet seats and delicious vegetarian meals where everyone ate together. I will definitely be recommending this hostel to my friends. ”
- 28 Sep 2014 Sandra New Zealand
- “ Fantastic! Ok, it takes a while to get here but it is sooooo worth it!!! The location is amazing! I had a look at the Great Wall when waking up. Oh breakfast is included when you dtay 3nights and longer but dinner is included the whole time, which is great, as after hiking The Wall it is noce to come "home" four a freshly prepared, delicious meal! I was sad that I stayed only two nights. 5would have been good to have more time at the wall and enjoy the peace and quiet aftr a city like Beijing :) ”
- 01 Sep 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ This place is a must stay for travelers who want to experience the Great Wall of China. Located in a small village in the shadow of the wall, it is beautiful. We had a private room, a little bit higher cost but well worth it. The staff were awesome, our room was comfortable, and our visits to the Great Wall were unbelievable. ”
- 05 Aug 2014 Roy USA
- “ I could see the Great Wall of China from my bed - the best recommendation I can give!! Follow the pdf directions the hostel gives you, and it's easy to get to - the tunnel is the only one on the bus route! Make sure to check the bus times in the pdf (from origin not your stop) and ignore the taxis! The hostel is spotless, the vegetarian food is great (free dinner!), the many cats are super friendly, the staff are knowledgeable and helpful about walks :) BUT bottled water is y12, pricy!! ”
- 26 May 2014 Justine Wales