The Great Wall Box House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Dont be scared about the location - the bus & taxi combo was really easy with some nice sightings along the way. A GReat walk along the WALL. Good healthy vegetarian dinner for Free! Cutr town, heated toilet seats, laundry machine, hot showers, clean & spacious dorm. ”
- 06 Apr 2014 Daniel and Kristina USA
- “ This place is amazing. It's about 5 minutes walking from Great Wall hiking trails. I didn't see a single person the two days I was hiking there. The hostel itself is immaculate and has lots of nice touches--free family dinner (lots of options in case you're vegetarian or picky like me), wifi in all the rooms, really nice bathroom, laundry if you need it, plenty of advice on everything and really sweet staff. Highly recommend staying here, the dorm room was a great value. ”
- 10 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Fantastic time here, you need to book at least 3 nights to be able to do both walks/climbs on the wall. We had 2great days and only saw 2 other people. Hostel was great, really nice staff, comfortable beds and lovely food, best food so far on our trip. Don't be put of by the price, its well worth the extra as your staying right on the wall. We had a pick up from Beijing as there we 3 of us, it was easier that the bus. Would definitely come again, maybe in the Autumn. ”
- 13 Jun 2013 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ Great place to see some rustic areas of the Great Wall. A bit of a hike from Beijing but noting an China-traveler cannot cope with. It was wonderful to see the Great Wall in the rural wilderness. ”
- 16 May 2013 James Canada