The Great Wall Box House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I could see the Great Wall of China from my bed - the best recommendation I can give!! Follow the pdf directions the hostel gives you, and it's easy to get to - the tunnel is the only one on the bus route! Make sure to check the bus times in the pdf (from origin not your stop) and ignore the taxis! The hostel is spotless, the vegetarian food is great (free dinner!), the many cats are super friendly, the staff are knowledgeable and helpful about walks :) BUT bottled water is y12, pricy!! ”
- 26 May 2014 Justine Wales
- “ Dont be scared about the location - the bus & taxi combo was really easy with some nice sightings along the way. A GReat walk along the WALL. Good healthy vegetarian dinner for Free! Cutr town, heated toilet seats, laundry machine, hot showers, clean & spacious dorm. ”
- 06 Apr 2014 Daniel and Kristina USA
- “ This place is amazing. It's about 5 minutes walking from Great Wall hiking trails. I didn't see a single person the two days I was hiking there. The hostel itself is immaculate and has lots of nice touches--free family dinner (lots of options in case you're vegetarian or picky like me), wifi in all the rooms, really nice bathroom, laundry if you need it, plenty of advice on everything and really sweet staff. Highly recommend staying here, the dorm room was a great value. ”
- 10 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA