The Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel was a glorified refugee camp. From the holes in various places around the building, to the astonishingly low watt bulbs (I couldn't even skype to my family, when all the lights in the room were on. Really, of all the things they skimped on -ladders to the top bunks, mortar between the tiles, so they stay put- one would think that they could have scrounged enough money (or effort?) to install decent lightbulbs.) All in all, if you value your mental or physical wellbeing, stay clear ”
- 10 Nov 2014 finlay Canada
- “ Great common room atmosphere, great free breakfast! Sleeping rooms crowded, poor ventilation. ”
- 11 Jul 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ Positive points: in the historical centre of Utrecht, cheap, you can cook EVERYTHING they have in the refrigerator! We cooked a huge steak with spaghetti (yummy!) And except from breakfast included, you can also take all the food you want with you. They also have a small terrace and table-tennis in the back yard, which is great. Negative points: The Hostel is VERY old! Linen was dirty and the showers were just awful, had to wait for hot water for nearly 10 minutes. BTW no 26 dorms, 16 people max ”
- 28 Apr 2014 Anonymous Russia
- “ I am a frequent traveller across Europe: Ireland, Italy, Switzerland, Greece, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, etc. This is so far my top hostel. ”
- 23 Feb 2014 Didier England
- “ Even though hostel is not the newest one, rooms are quite dark and showers are old, people working there care a lot about small things: food, soaps, general cleaness and make hostel nice this way. Staff seems very helpful and in my opinion, they are the biggest advantage of the hostel. ”
- 28 Nov 2013 Anonymous Lithuania