The Hump Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed for 2 nights. Location is perfect, really close to a lot of touristic parts of Kunming. It is located right above a bar that plays loud music until 12pm but I was lucky to be at the other end so I could not hear anything. They provide earplugs for free :) You also get a free coffee with your room and some discounts for their bar. No wifi in the rooms. I was in a private so I had hot water but I heard people in the shared bathroom having problems because of the rain. ”
- 16 Jan 2015 sarah France
- “ Great staff, friendly and very helpful. Pillows covering in chairs need washing or thrown away. Totally bomb Internet service sucked. The only time it was available during morning until 10-11AM, if it work at all. Food over priced, bathroom stalls very small but excellent location. ”
- 28 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff were very helpful, the rooms are large and clean with excellent lockers. They have a large communal area, with a pool table and table tennis table available. I thought the drinks were overpriced but many people still purchase them so I guess they can charge as they wish. ”
- 28 Jul 2014 Anonymous England
- “ Location is best thing of the hostel. The ambient was not so good there... ”
- 27 Jul 2014 Anonymous Spain
- “ I really enjoyed my stay at Hump. The location is fantastic, directly in the lively city centre. Big bus stop will connect you to all destinations. The bunk beds are sturdy, comfortable and equipped with personal power outlet and reading light. The room is spacious and I noticed a lady sweeping and mopping the rooms daily. The toilets are ok, but it is a big and busy hostel. Good bar, amazing view from the terrace. Staff was professional and nice on check-in. Good value, returning customer ! ”
- 20 May 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ We had a fantastic stay at The Hump again! The staff is very nice and helpful, the food is very tasty and the location is perfect! ”
- 11 Mar 2014 Florian Germany