The Hump Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Overall it was a pleasant stay. The food was exceptional and nicely priced. The staff will help you the best way they can. The lighting was pretty dim but that's probably due to the cultural architecture. One downfall will have to be the wifi. It is only offered in public areas but even then the signal is pretty s**t. Can you invest in more or better routers that provide better network? Just a thought. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ I only stayed here for one night because I had a super long layover. It was really nice for that. It was clean and very safe. I'd stay there again if I'm in Kunming. ”
- 12 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I stayed for 2 nights. Location is perfect, really close to a lot of touristic parts of Kunming. It is located right above a bar that plays loud music until 12pm but I was lucky to be at the other end so I could not hear anything. They provide earplugs for free :) You also get a free coffee with your room and some discounts for their bar. No wifi in the rooms. I was in a private so I had hot water but I heard people in the shared bathroom having problems because of the rain. ”
- 16 Jan 2015 sarah France
- “ Great staff, friendly and very helpful. Pillows covering in chairs need washing or thrown away. Totally bomb Internet service sucked. The only time it was available during morning until 10-11AM, if it work at all. Food over priced, bathroom stalls very small but excellent location. ”
- 28 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff were very helpful, the rooms are large and clean with excellent lockers. They have a large communal area, with a pool table and table tennis table available. I thought the drinks were overpriced but many people still purchase them so I guess they can charge as they wish. ”
- 28 Jul 2014 Anonymous England