The Jade Emu International Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This Hostel is just perfect. It offers everything a traveller needs. The staff speaks very good English. The arrange tours and offer a wide range of meals/breakfast. ”
- 19 Sep 2014 Michèle
- “ The Jade Emu was the best guesthouse during the 17days trip in China Lijiang, Shanglira, Dali ”
- 10 Jun 2014 Anonymous South Korea
- “ I stayed three nights at the Jade. Overall it was a pleasant experience. There are a few things I felt like could use a bit of attention: Inattentive staff busy on their phones, dorm rooms should be mopped once a in while, bins in the toilet need a lid and hostel should ask travellers to leave shoes outside the dorm rooms as it smelled badly, no chinese food before 10 . Location is OK, quiet at night. Positives : pingpong table, pool table nice courtyard, clean toilets ( but too few ) ”
- 28 May 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ Overall, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The hostel was reasonably priced, clean, with decent food, and the staff was friendly and gave good advice. There were only two minor problems. One was the location - the old town is a 5-minute walk away, but the walk involves crossing a major highway. The other was that I paid a little extra to book the "luxury" bus to Lijiang, and there was nothing luxury about it - no bathroom, and no air conditioning. Otherwise an excellent place. ”
- 22 Jan 2014 Kevin USA
- “ Although the breakfest did not have many heathy stuffs for Brazilian taste, it definitely pleased the Americans´, British, etc. To have the possibility of breakfast in the Hostel is convenient as we have to think about the day trip. The staff was really helpful. Just one weird and unclear thing. I paid for a quicker bus to LiJiang. If I had paid for a cheaper bus I would take the same bus anyway. The bus was just an average simple bus in China. ”
- 15 Jan 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Very nice atmosphere and the best food i've ever had in a hostel. Stuff is very friendly and helps you organizing tours, transport, tickets etc. Also the tours from the hostel are good value for money. Would stay there again! ”
- 26 Nov 2013 Anonymous Switzerland