Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ for a hundred bucks this is a nice place in a wonderfully quiet area of manhattan, nearby to a pretty hip area. small rooms but hey. and they have free bike (beach cruiser) rental! pretty sweet. ”
- 07 Jul 2013 Harrison USA
- “ I stayed in the 'Standard Cabin'--very small, but clean and efficient with working AC, cable tv, and a fairly comfortable bed. Bottles of purified water were nice. The shared bathrooms were always clean. The elevator was sometimes very slow. The 'power saver key' takes a little getting used to, but not a bad idea. The Gitane Cafe next to the lobby is priced a little high, but the food is good with interesting flavorings. Good location nIear Greenwich Village and the Chelsea area of NYC. ”
- 22 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff was totally awesome and made this experience most enjoyable. ”
- 19 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Great value place to stay if you travel alone. Cheap private rooms for NYC. Decor is beatiful, staff friendly. ”
- 14 May 2013 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ I am old enough to remember sleeping cars on the railway (in Australia). The "Jane" rooms are just like them, but they don't sway and are clean and well-thought-out. I'd use them again when I go back to NY. (p.s. - check out the High Line Park nearby - who would have believed something like that in the middle of teh city) ”
- 07 May 2013 Bernard Australia