The Local NYC
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was a fun hostel to stay at. It was a little far from the touristy parts of Manhattan or neighborhoods like Brooklyn/Williamsburg, but it was easy enough to take the subway or make the 40 minute walk. Staff were helpful and the bar was nice for meeting people. There's not a whole lot to do in the immediate area, but there were a few breweries and a flea market nearby which was a lot of fun. ”
- 15 Oct 2016 Charlotte USA
- “ Good location ”
- 22 Sep 2016 Lungyi Taiwan
- “ The service at The Local was excellent. The room I was in was quiet and clean. The location of the hostel is very convenient to go anywhere in the city. The staff are friendly and efficient. I found them very helpful and easy to talk to. ”
- 15 Sep 2016 MEAZASH USA
- “ Awesome hidden gem. Staff were super friendly. Laid-back atmosphere. Rooftop patio with a beautiful view of Manhattan was a hit. And has everything a traveller needs. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting NYC. ”
- 05 Sep 2016 Kyle Canada
- “ If you want to stay safe and take a break, I strongly recommend everyone to place a book asap. If you want to make friends and get carried away a bit by making a noise through your trip, I do not recommend you guys to stay here. The local NYC was an awesome place. The building were fancy and just cool. Staff were very kind and spontaneous. I liked it very much. ”
- 04 Sep 2016 Anonymous Japan
- “ I had a great time. Thanks! ”
- 27 Aug 2016 Anonymous Japan