The Local NYC
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Awesome spot! and really close to many subway stations. ”
- 16 Oct 2015 Antoine Canada
- “ I was in town for a concert, so I just needed a place to shower before it, and sleep after it. The Local, met all of those requirement. Getting there for me was a little bumpy. I got lost in Queens. But, I called the front desk, and asked for direction from where I was. And the lady on the phone was super helpful, she guided me to the right place. I finally made it there, and had a good laugh with the front desk staff. The room was very clean and was the perfect size, for my one night stay. ”
- 10 Oct 2015 Briana USA
- “ This is a lovely place to stay at, the staff are friendly and helpful, there is always something to do and someone to talk to. The hostel bar is awesome especially on live music nights. They could update the board games collection a bit though and put a shelf for toiletries in the shower but this are minor issues and didn't ruin the stay one bit. I absolutely recommend this place. ”
- 28 Sep 2015 Eva Sweden
- “ Very good hostel! ”
- 21 Sep 2015 Tayfun England
- “ Great hostel, very clean, good showers. They had computers for us to use for free, that was very helpful. The bar was good too, and there's an atm and a few bending machines. Staff was friendly. Location was good, you can get to Manhattan in no time by train, just one stop and you are in the middle of everything. The only bad thing was that the area wasn't really nice. Had to pay more than I'd been said because of the taxes. Hostels.com should really tell the real price, taxes included. ”
- 16 Sep 2015 Laura Argentina
- “ The Local NYC is a great place to stay. Its location is ideal: it is close to the city and there is a supermarket right next to the subway station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is free WiFi, and you can do your laundry. The rooms are clean, but the kitchen could be cleaner. I would recommend the Local NYC to other solo travelers. ”
- 29 Aug 2015 Catherine-Laure Canada