The Local NYC
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It is a clean facility and beautiful artistic building! I like it:) The shower room is kinda small but very clean! Thank you. ”
- 09 Apr 2016 Anonymous Japan
- “ Wonderful staff. . Very clean and elegant hostel ”
- 02 Mar 2016 Anonymous Turkey
- “ Although as an American who had travelled to and through NYC many times, it was only during the first week of March, 2016 that I actually took the time to 'stay' as in a 'foreign country' and in a 'hostel' to tour the City of New York. Little did I know at the time of booking what the 'new' 'boutique' hostels were all about. I was pleasantly surprised with LNYC. In a 'warehouse area', but done up in a 'loft-style' which is not only trendy, but, welcoming, friendly, and very inviting. Try it! ”
- 01 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Awesome little place you have here! Definitely want to commend Matt at the front desk for answering all my stupid questions with a smile. The morning cafe was awesome, definitely thanking Rachel for the top notch service and laughing at my bad jokes. The cafe/bar would be a little better if they served coffee later on into the night. ”
- 06 Feb 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ The Local is clean, organized, and homey. My female-only room was pristine and comfortable. I was happy with the size of the lockers, which fit my suitcase and backpack together. I spent most of my time in the common area, which has full bookshelves, computers, and a variety of seats and lounging chairs. The in-house cafe is lovely and has great tea. The kitchen was well-stocked and comfortable to eat in. I would highly recommend The Local. It was a great value for what I paid. ”
- 21 Jan 2016 Anonymous USA