The Local NYC
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Clean. The streets are confusing and it's hard to find. Scary in the dark...arrive early. ”
- 22 Mar 2014 Carin USA
- “ The location was convenient, the closest subway station is about three minutes away so you can be in Manhattan in 5 minutes. However, there isn't a lot of things to do within walking distance (without having to take the subway) I liked that everything was clean and new. The improvements I would like to see would be a better bar atmosphere, it kind of seemed dead all the time. The sound system was lacking there. ”
- 19 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Clean Hostel very close to the Subway Station. Very modern interior giving a good atmosphere. Not extremely cheap, but probably the beat deal for New York! ”
- 18 Mar 2014 Felix Switzerland
- “ I had used here first time though,it was very good. If I have an another experience to come here,I absolutely recommend here to my friends. ”
- 16 Mar 2014 Masaharu Japan
- “ The staff was very friendly, free coffee, very clean and I liked the hostels design (kind of old factory modern refurbished). Comfortable Beds. The only thing I would mention is that the lockers are not that save (they are easy to open even there is a lock) but I didn't use it anyway and I never had any problems with my belongings in hostels yet. All in all, a nice place to stay, I liked it. ”
- 06 Mar 2014 Marek
- “ Very nice and modern hostel. The staff was very polite and always in a good mood. We slept in a 4 person female dorm, but they didn´t put any other persons in the room, because there vere plenty of rooms. My friend and I had the room for own the 4 nights we stayed there. It´s a good location, close to the subway, but be aware that the subway arrives only about every 30 minutes and that can be exhausting when you want to get home and its really cold outside. But I would stay there again. ”
- 21 Feb 2014 Amelie Germany
- “ The Local NYC was definitively one of the nicest experiences during my first visit to NYC. The facilities are well-distributed, comfortable and super clean! The hostel is just 5-minutes walk from the nearest subway station. The staff is really nice, cool and always willing to assist you. ”
- 01 Feb 2014 Anonymous Ecuador
“ All I can say is wow. I've stayed in dozens of hostels around the world--including many in USA--and this is by far the nicest one I've visited. It is huge, super clean, packed with amenities, and it has a very cool vibe. Cafe/bar in the lounge, guest kitchen, computer area with free wifi, vending machines, laundry in building, free (and clean) towels and linens, en suite toilet and showers (!), a lounge guitar, plus just ten subway minutes to midtown Manhatten. Wish they'd let me write more... ”
Thanks for your kind words. We hope you keep returning to The Local!
- 01 Feb 2014 joseph USA