The Melting Pot Beach Hostel Malaga
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I had only a short stay at this hostel (1 night) and it was very much a "beach-style" hostel with open floor plan for the rooms, although it was nice that it was located right across the street from the beach. It was okay, and the door was monitored all the time (unless the hostel worker stepped out for a smoke). I wish there had been some in-room storage. People and staff were friendly but not as helpful as I would have liked. ”
- 28 Dec 2014 Autumn USA
- “ The hostel is perfect if you want to spend a lot of time on the beach as it's right across the road. The hostel offered pub crawls (you pay 10 euros and get free drinks and free entrance to 3-4 bars and a taxi to the center). There was also a chance to buy drinks and food in the hostel. Breakfast was a toast and cereal but there is a shop quite near if you preferred a wider breakfast. The staff was excellent, special thanks to Andrei (? the italian guy!) who was very welcoming and helpful !! :) ”
- 28 Aug 2014 Vuokko Elina Sofia Finland
- “ What a location! This hostel is so close to the beach and perfect for long days relaxing. It's a bit of a hike to the main city, but the staff are very helpful with public transport. The only difficulty I had was with the light in the rooms; the curtains are quite thin and so it's hard to sleep in (even though I'm not a light sleeper). Otherwise, great atmosphere and loved my stay. ”
- 16 Jul 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ In Malaga I wanted to spend time on the beach and The Melting Pot was the best solution for this. The location is great, just a few steps and you are on the beach. The hostel is quite far from the downtown, but it was advantage as it is far from noisy bars and music over night. The hostel is well equipped and it is very easy to cook if you need. But staff cooked something delicious every evening and for 5 euro you can eat dinner in the hostelif you are lazy to go out. ”
- 20 May 2014 Anonymous Belarus
- “ A very comfortable hostel, but there was nothing really special about it. I only stayed one night, but I loved the proximity to the beach and the fact that they had free breakfast. This is a great deal in terms of price, but they didn't really offer much beyond a bed and toast in the morning. I would have liked some more activities. They did have a pub crawl though. There also wasn't much in terms of information about the surrounding area. Good, but nondescript. ”
- 24 Feb 2014 Katlynn USA