The Monkeys in the Trees
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I really loved staying here! I ended up feeling very at home because the environment is so welcoming. The staff is amazing, I'll definitely be coming back. ”
- 21 Jun 2015 Madeleine USA
- “ The good thing about this hostel is its price. It is one of the cheapest in London, at least at the time of our trip. However, we would've gladly paid more money to not to be in hostel. During our stay, the dormitories were dominated by long term residents, which posed some problems. Furthermore, the bathrooms were only somewhat functional and also dirty constantly. The downstairs bar area was nice, but that was the only decent place in the hostel. The hostel is not close to a metro. ”
- 15 Jun 2015 Jesse USA
- “ The staff is awesome! Congratulations! They are very helpful and always at your disposal. The owner is often in the Hostel so he assures that everything is taking care. The ambient and the vibe in the common room (also a Public House) are excellent. ”
- 28 Dec 2014 Ricardo Germany
- “ it took around a half an hr walk to get there from the nearest train station, the bathrooms had mold in them, the blankets provided were very small, and it did not help that the people who were staying in the room were screaming at each other at 4 in the morning. ”
- 01 Nov 2014 Megan Canada
- “ It was a nice place with a small pub underneath for a good beer. The internet barely made it up to my room on the 2nd floor, but still worked very well. The breakfast was normal level and I liked the staff, super nice. I didn't like the location too much, it was a bit difficult to get to bigger train stations and bus stops for the flying back out, but not the end of the world. I did have some mysterious bites the 1st night but they changed the sheets and the problem was solved luckily. ”
- 19 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything that you would expect from a hostel is the "The Monkeys in the trees." The staff is serious, and enforce fair rules that make coexistence with other guests comfortable and friendly. The breakfast is really rich and quality with different flavors of jams and fruit juices, milk, tea, eggs, etc... The bathrooms are shared with all the guests and cleaned every morning. The rooms are clean and the beds are a bit 'essential; you have to be lucky to find even roommates clean and polite. ”
- 25 Sep 2014 Anonymous Italy