The New York Loft Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ First, the good. This hostel is the most unique I've ever stayed at with the layout and everything looks new. The place is big and it would be easy to not run into another person here. The rooms are only 3 beds which is nice. Bad is that this hostel attracts people who don't know how to hostel. And the SEVERE CONSTRUCTION on the rooms around mine at 730am (talking drills, saws and metal scraping). Which by the way the construction workers used our bathroom and made sure to make it disgusting ”
Hello, We appreciate your review. We apologize for the excessive noise from our necessary renovations. We are working to improve our hostel for greater customer satisfaction. We do wish to see you back soon so you can enjoy our new and improved space! Happy travels!
- 16 Apr 2015 Natalie USA
“ Everything was excellent except for one thing - the Internet. Wifi connection was fine but internet speed was extremely slow. This is a major pain for those of us far from home. It's something so important that I would switch hostels because of it in the future. Other than that the hostel was awesome. ”
Thank you for your helpful review. We want nothing more than 100% customer satisfaction. We have since improved our Wifi connection throughout the whole building. We hope to see you back soon!
- 27 Mar 2015 Anonymous Canada
“ I didn't find the staff very helpful or friendly. I had to figure my way around the hostel myself and I would have appreciated a little more guidance upon checking in. Thankfully the other guests staying there were very welcoming and helpful. ”
We appreciate you reviewing us! We hope to see you again soon.
- 01 Feb 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Nice atmosphere, very social. Rooms can be a bit cold during winter, extra blankets are availible. Some bathrooms didn't really have hot water, but knowing that it is easy to just use another one. Good kitchen facilities. ”
- 12 Jan 2015 Erika Sweden
“ Great hostel, great location!! Only downside, they charge you extra for everything (towel, internet, luggage..). ”
Hey Thanks for the helpful review! We hope to see you back very soon! Happy travels!
- 11 Dec 2014 Alexandra German
- “ The hostel was lovely. I stayed in a twin private with a friend of in and it met my basic expectations of being warm and clean. Staff was friendly from what I could tell and their other facilities looked swanky and useful. Could do with a bit less of the god awful "hipster" image, but maybe that's what sells to tourists. The location (East Williamsburg) was great for me. I was visiting a friend in the nearby Bushwick. Bar in the basement was not my scene, but they look to have cool events. ”
- 27 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
“ Excellent vibe and accommodations. I would definitely recommend that any friends staying in NYC stay at New York Loft Hostel. ”
Thanks so much for the kinds words- we are beyond thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Please hurry back and visit soon :)
- 12 Nov 2014 Anonymous
“ the place is very good, clean and no noise. I stayed for one night and everything is nice. I have no complains😊😊😊 ”
Spasibo!! Prihadete obratna scora! :)
- 11 Nov 2014 Anna
- “ The neighbourhood seemed a little scary at night but we weren't bothered on our way to the hostel or back in any way. The hostel itself was great: the cleanest hostel we've seen, to have breakfast at the hostel, included in the price, was something we didn't even expect when we booked the room. The staff was extremely friendly. We don't have anything to complain about. We'll come back. ”
- 25 Oct 2014 Anonymous Germany
“ I do love the fact that there's a bar there where you can socialize with the other hostel people. I also like that it's in a great place in Bushwick and that a subway station is right down the street. ”
Hello, we want to thank you for staying with us and reviewing our Hostel! We hope to see you back very soon. Happy travels- cheers!
- 17 Oct 2014 King Patrick USA