The New York Loft Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I liked this hostel very much. It had a great atmosphere, a very nice kitchen and nice rooms. Overall, this is the best out of the 3 NY hostels I've stayed in. ”
- 01 May 2016 Lukas Switzerland
- “ Bright, clean. In Bushwick - hipster hood - great natural food stores, famous Roberta's Pizza, bars. A few stops away from fun Williamsburg too. I didn't find the hostel easy for meeting other travellers though, as despite them having a basement bar, they always had bands playing, which was good but was not very conducive to chatting to others. Not allowed to drink alcohol in any area of hostel except bar! Outdoor patio would be great to meet other people if you were allowed to drink out there! ”
- 26 Apr 2016 Anonymous England
- “ Only one little thing...There was some work being done on the fire system, which is totally fine! I'd prefer to be in a building with functioning smoke detectors. But I also would have liked a head's up. No members of staff informed me while I was checking in, there was no email... nothing, and the men were working late into the night, not telling me they wouldn't be working in my room until about 10 PM. Next time that level of maintenance is going to happen, please let your guests know! ”
- 10 Feb 2016 Katherine USA
- “ Can't beat the value for the price. Good location with easy access to the metro and CitiBike stations. Breakfast included was definitely a plus! Would recommend ”
- 17 Jan 2016 Khalafalla USA
“ Such a great experience! Beautiful hostel, feels almost like a hotel (amenities-wise) but with the fun community of hostels. The bar is really fun and they have pretty good deals, it's really easy to get into the city and the area is really nice. Just having a hostel with so much space and even a courtyard is a rarity in NY and really adds to the experience. I'll definitely stay there again! ”
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Be sure to visit us again and explore more of Brooklyn :)
- 21 Oct 2015 Lisa Sophie Austria
“ Cute place in Williamsburg? Yes! Free breakfast, including fresh fruit & hot coffee? Every morning! Friendly & helpful staff? Always! Easy to meet cool people from all over the world? Oui! A short walk from the L-train? You know it! A rocking Basement Bar with open mic & drink specials? Totally! Would I go again? Undoubtedly so! Do I recommend this place? I'm recommending it right now! I stayed for 5 days & NYLH felt like home. I made some amazing friends here & I already miss being at the NYLH. ”
We are so thrilled to know you had an incredible experience with us! We hope to see you back very soon- there is so much more to explore in NYC! :)
- 09 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Pretty good hostel, but pretty average bedding, no outlets at every bed, you have to pay for your towel... Breakfast is included and good enough!
Booked three nights, had to sleep in three different rooms. Not convenient at all and staff didn't help much; they didn't want to change my reservation because the hostel was full, even to a cheaper room at the same price which I would have preferred... ”
Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We do apologize for all of the room changing but if the hostel was full, unfortunately that was the only option unless a private room was reserved. We would love for you to visit us again and would be happy to pass on a discount for return guests! Hope to see you back soon!
- 23 Sep 2015 Anonymous France
“ People shouldn't be put off by the location, as the local area is perfectly safe, with all the necessary amenities within walking distance. Also, Manhattan is closer than many people think. ”
Thanks for the helpful review! :)
- 19 Aug 2015 Rory England
“ Awesome place! Beautiful decoration and design. Friendly atmosphere. It's not so far from the city. The neighbourhood seemed strange at first (industrial buildings, abandonned factories, etc) but it seems like many artists are living there in lofts in those buildings. The little shops near the hostel seemed interesting too!
Will definitively come back there if I go again to NYC! ”
Hey! We are so happy you discovered the beauty that is Brooklyn! Please visit us again soon :) There is so much more to see! Happy travels!
- 16 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada
“ Only stayed here one night and didn't partake in any of the activities, but they seemed to have a lot of fun things going on. The staff was friendly and sociable. The hostel was in kind of a warehouse area and I felt a little unsafe walking back to the hostel from the subway station at night. My only complaint about the hostel itself is that there were no outlets in the room, only one in the bathroom. That said, charging my phone was a bit of a challenge. Overall, a great place to stay! ”
Thanks for the great feedback! We appreciate your business and we hope to see you back very soon! Next time, check out our outlets in the kitchen- they are located underneath the dining tables! :)
- 09 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA