The New York Loft Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great hostel, great location!! Only downside, they charge you extra for everything (towel, internet, luggage..). ”
- 11 Dec 2014 Alexandra German
- “ The hostel was lovely. I stayed in a twin private with a friend of in and it met my basic expectations of being warm and clean. Staff was friendly from what I could tell and their other facilities looked swanky and useful. Could do with a bit less of the god awful "hipster" image, but maybe that's what sells to tourists. The location (East Williamsburg) was great for me. I was visiting a friend in the nearby Bushwick. Bar in the basement was not my scene, but they look to have cool events. ”
- 27 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
“ Excellent vibe and accommodations. I would definitely recommend that any friends staying in NYC stay at New York Loft Hostel. ”
Thanks so much for the kinds words- we are beyond thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Please hurry back and visit soon :)
- 12 Nov 2014 Kevin
“ the place is very good, clean and no noise. I stayed for one night and everything is nice. I have no complains😊😊😊 ”
Spasibo!! Prihadete obratna scora! :)
- 11 Nov 2014 Anna
- “ The neighbourhood seemed a little scary at night but we weren't bothered on our way to the hostel or back in any way. The hostel itself was great: the cleanest hostel we've seen, to have breakfast at the hostel, included in the price, was something we didn't even expect when we booked the room. The staff was extremely friendly. We don't have anything to complain about. We'll come back. ”
- 25 Oct 2014 Anonymous Germany
“ I do love the fact that there's a bar there where you can socialize with the other hostel people. I also like that it's in a great place in Bushwick and that a subway station is right down the street. ”
Hello, we want to thank you for staying with us and reviewing our Hostel! We hope to see you back very soon. Happy travels- cheers!
- 17 Oct 2014 King Patrick USA
“ My friends and I stayed 2 nights in private room with shared bathroom and we were happy with our hostel choice. The staff was really friendly and we also spent time with other hostel guests. The hostel had a free breakfast and really nice terrace to hangout. Metro station was close and it took about 10 minutes to get to manhattan by metro. The only minuses were that our room was pretty cold (there was a small hole in our window but we didn't complain) and the wifi didn't work really well. ”
Hey! Thanks for the kind and honest review. We appreciate your input and have since updated our internet provider so our wifi is now working better than ever. We hope to see you back very soon :) Safe travels!
- 10 Oct 2014 Anonymous Finland
- “ The overall loft was clean and as pictured. Ample parking on the surrounding streets which was good. Good atmosphere we had fun cool staff. However loft walls were thin and being a light sleeper i often heard the people passing thru the halls. Also room was humid and stuffy had to get a little air freshener and double up on blankets. An overall good experience would try this again ”
- 21 Sep 2014 Myriam Canada
- “ It would be nice if only guests could access the elevators. Other than that, this is a great place to stay. ”
- 19 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Excellent place if you travel alone. And even if you travel with friends. A lot of fun things going on: movie nights, free barbeque, happy hour in the kitchen, bar in the basement... The design is super cool and it's very nice just to sit in the kitchen surfing on the wi-fi and listen to music. All the guests are about 25-30 years old, and I guess that you might feel a little bit odd, and think it's a little bit too trendy and too loud if you are older. I really enjoyed my time there! ”
- 09 Sep 2014 Anonymous Sweden