The New York Loft Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I can defently recomend this place! Its located close to the Subway, restaurants and alot of cool hipsterbars. Good walue for monney! If im ever going back to New York, there is no dubt that Thats where I Will be staying :) ”
- 02 Jun 2016 Kristian Norway
- “ I was very pleased with my stay at NY Loft Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even when I was a little flustered with events. They replaced a lost room key without a hassle, and moved me into a new room when I had problems with a roommate. I would highly recommend this hostel to other travelers. ”
- 21 May 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Great place to stay , full kitchen with great breakfast ..eggs, oatmeal, granola, fruit , jams/jelly and peanut butter , milk , coffee/tea , quite quiet in the hostel at night considering there's lots of action in the basement entertainment room . Staff are really nice, helpful and knowledgeable . subway is only 3 blocks away , and there's a gym right across the street . I would definitely stay here again . ”
- 16 May 2016 Doris Canada
- “ I liked this hostel very much. It had a great atmosphere, a very nice kitchen and nice rooms. Overall, this is the best out of the 3 NY hostels I've stayed in. ”
- 01 May 2016 Lukas Switzerland
- “ Bright, clean. In Bushwick - hipster hood - great natural food stores, famous Roberta's Pizza, bars. A few stops away from fun Williamsburg too. I didn't find the hostel easy for meeting other travellers though, as despite them having a basement bar, they always had bands playing, which was good but was not very conducive to chatting to others. Not allowed to drink alcohol in any area of hostel except bar! Outdoor patio would be great to meet other people if you were allowed to drink out there! ”
- 26 Apr 2016 Anonymous England
- “ Only one little thing...There was some work being done on the fire system, which is totally fine! I'd prefer to be in a building with functioning smoke detectors. But I also would have liked a head's up. No members of staff informed me while I was checking in, there was no email... nothing, and the men were working late into the night, not telling me they wouldn't be working in my room until about 10 PM. Next time that level of maintenance is going to happen, please let your guests know! ”
- 10 Feb 2016 Katherine USA
- “ Can't beat the value for the price. Good location with easy access to the metro and CitiBike stations. Breakfast included was definitely a plus! Would recommend ”
- 17 Jan 2016 Khalafalla USA
“ Such a great experience! Beautiful hostel, feels almost like a hotel (amenities-wise) but with the fun community of hostels. The bar is really fun and they have pretty good deals, it's really easy to get into the city and the area is really nice. Just having a hostel with so much space and even a courtyard is a rarity in NY and really adds to the experience. I'll definitely stay there again! ”
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Be sure to visit us again and explore more of Brooklyn :)
- 21 Oct 2015 Lisa Sophie Austria
“ Cute place in Williamsburg? Yes! Free breakfast, including fresh fruit & hot coffee? Every morning! Friendly & helpful staff? Always! Easy to meet cool people from all over the world? Oui! A short walk from the L-train? You know it! A rocking Basement Bar with open mic & drink specials? Totally! Would I go again? Undoubtedly so! Do I recommend this place? I'm recommending it right now! I stayed for 5 days & NYLH felt like home. I made some amazing friends here & I already miss being at the NYLH. ”
We are so thrilled to know you had an incredible experience with us! We hope to see you back very soon- there is so much more to explore in NYC! :)
- 09 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Pretty good hostel, but pretty average bedding, no outlets at every bed, you have to pay for your towel... Breakfast is included and good enough!
Booked three nights, had to sleep in three different rooms. Not convenient at all and staff didn't help much; they didn't want to change my reservation because the hostel was full, even to a cheaper room at the same price which I would have preferred... ”
Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We do apologize for all of the room changing but if the hostel was full, unfortunately that was the only option unless a private room was reserved. We would love for you to visit us again and would be happy to pass on a discount for return guests! Hope to see you back soon!
- 23 Sep 2015 Anonymous France