The New York Loft Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ My friends and I stayed 2 nights in private room with shared bathroom and we were happy with our hostel choice. The staff was really friendly and we also spent time with other hostel guests. The hostel had a free breakfast and really nice terrace to hangout. Metro station was close and it took about 10 minutes to get to manhattan by metro. The only minuses were that our room was pretty cold (there was a small hole in our window but we didn't complain) and the wifi didn't work really well. ”
Hey! Thanks for the kind and honest review. We appreciate your input and have since updated our internet provider so our wifi is now working better than ever. We hope to see you back very soon :) Safe travels!
- 10 Oct 2014 Anonymous Finland
- “ The overall loft was clean and as pictured. Ample parking on the surrounding streets which was good. Good atmosphere we had fun cool staff. However loft walls were thin and being a light sleeper i often heard the people passing thru the halls. Also room was humid and stuffy had to get a little air freshener and double up on blankets. An overall good experience would try this again ”
- 21 Sep 2014 Myriam Canada
- “ It would be nice if only guests could access the elevators. Other than that, this is a great place to stay. ”
- 19 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Excellent place if you travel alone. And even if you travel with friends. A lot of fun things going on: movie nights, free barbeque, happy hour in the kitchen, bar in the basement... The design is super cool and it's very nice just to sit in the kitchen surfing on the wi-fi and listen to music. All the guests are about 25-30 years old, and I guess that you might feel a little bit odd, and think it's a little bit too trendy and too loud if you are older. I really enjoyed my time there! ”
- 09 Sep 2014 Anonymous Sweden
- “ While the Bar is nice it can be quite loud if you just want to sleep. The Location has some kind of Hipster-like-feeling to it, most people around are just really cool. The staff just was nowhere to be found when we wanted to check out, which really sucks, since we had a Bus to catch. We just left our Keycards with a little note on the reception desk. Hope that worked. ”
- 23 Aug 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ If you're heading to NYC to see the Brooklyn side of things, this place is the one to go to. Courtyard and Kitchen facilities were great, right in the heart of Bushwick's bar area and really close to a subway line which goes straight into the city. Rooms were quiet, cool and comfortable too. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Anonymous Australia
“ Great stay in New York City. Helpful staff who completely broke the stereotypes of New Yorkers one may had. And the atmosphere, it's got that hipster vibe which intricately weaves into the neighborhood in Williamsburg. Given the reasonable price and location, I'd say the cleanness is totally tolerable even exceeding my expectation. Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I'll go back for sure. ”
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon!
- 24 May 2014 Anonymous Taiwan
“ Todo for the processo in NYC. Not good cleanlines in the rooms. Atmosphere is great. ”
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel! We hope to see you soon!
- 23 May 2014 Anonymous Brazil
“ Loved the place and the location. But for that price I'd liked cleaner bathrooms... But the rest was perfect. ”
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel! We will take your advice to help better our services. We hope to see you soon!
- 17 May 2014 Anonymous France
“ I really liked the look of this hostel and I loved the kitchen area, it was so open and beautiful. Our room was also very spacious. The washroom however smelled really bad like sewage. A word of caution, the hostel apparently rents out the basement area to private functions so if you are staying on the first floor you may hear really loud drumming and bad singing on Friday and Saturday nights. Its very annoying when trying to wind down for the evening I suggest to bring earplugs. ”
Thank you for taking the time out to review our Hostel! We appreciate your input and will take your advice to better our Hostel. We hope to see you soon!
- 09 May 2014 Anonymous Canada