The Northern Greenhouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ My favorite hostel in Cairns by far. If you want to avoid the total party attitude of Gilligan's, NG is the place for you. The huge deck is super chill, you can spend hours on the free wi-fi, reading in the comfy couches, playing pool, or chilling in the hammocks. The kitchen is large and very clean, plus the brekkie is nice, more than just toast. The dorm rooms are amazing, very clean, often with balconies, plus minifridges and sinks. Beds are comfy and lockers come with outlets inside! ”
- 16 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I like the staffs' passionate help. ”
- 02 May 2013 HUNG Taiwan
- “ The common kitchen need urgent attendance. The stoves are dangerous, most pans and pots have lost their handles and crisply burnt, all knives are dull. One time I spilled hot water on myself when i was trying to drain the pasta from a handle-less pot. I received a minor burn (luckily) on my stomach (about 25-40 cm^2 area) thanks to my t-shirt. My right thumb, middle, ring fingers, and lower part of my palm were severely blistered. I would strongly discourage anybody from using the kitchen. ”
- 17 Apr 2013 Anonymous Indonesia
- “ Nice hostel. The ensuite bathrooms were very clean and modern, there was also a kitchen in the room. The outside commo area has a nice vibe to it. The staff was very helpful. The Hostel is centrally located. ”
- 21 Jan 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ A really nice hostel in the center, so if u wanna party but sleep well, take this one instead of Gilligans. Nice big kitchen and a common area. Free breakfast, pankakes on Saturdays, tours and Wifi are a major plus. The rooms were cleaned every day and no sight of bugs. ”
- 27 Dec 2012 Heidi Finland