The Old Countryhouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very good hostel. Staff friendly and facilities very great. The bedrooms are very large and the atmosphere is good. Definitively recommend this place. Beautiful hostel. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Sophie France
- “ Lovely, clean place with cosy atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff that make you feel at home. Well equipped kitchen and fast and reliable free wifi. I would stromlos recommend the place. ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ Definitely one of the nicest hostels on our trip! Facilities were really clean and nice looking, sauna and outdoor hot water tub were great addition and we met really nice people here! Definitely not your party hostel, but ideal just for chillin' out and spending a nice evening with fellow travelers. Walk to Christchurch centre takes 15-20 min. Only minus was that there were just two bathrooms/showers in a house with two 6 people dorms, which makes them very crowded in the morning. ”
- 08 Sep 2014 Anonymous Finland
- “ Staff sought to be helpful but didn't always cone across as knowledgeable - e.g. Mixed signals on whether bikes could be hired. ”
- 23 May 2014 Matthew England
- “ Only spent one night there but I quite liked it! The spa was very nice, and staff is cool and helpful with everything. It is very clean! ”
- 22 Apr 2014 Anonymous Germany