The Old Countryhouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Definitely one of the nicest hostels on our trip! Facilities were really clean and nice looking, sauna and outdoor hot water tub were great addition and we met really nice people here! Definitely not your party hostel, but ideal just for chillin' out and spending a nice evening with fellow travelers. Walk to Christchurch centre takes 15-20 min. Only minus was that there were just two bathrooms/showers in a house with two 6 people dorms, which makes them very crowded in the morning. ”
- 08 Sep 2014 Anonymous Finland
- “ Staff sought to be helpful but didn't always cone across as knowledgeable - e.g. Mixed signals on whether bikes could be hired. ”
- 23 May 2014 Matthew England
- “ Only spent one night there but I quite liked it! The spa was very nice, and staff is cool and helpful with everything. It is very clean! ”
- 22 Apr 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ The electronic key pads were a great security feature. The bathrooms/showers were clean and I liked that the shower rooms had a counter and separate sink. The facilities were clean and updated nicely. Very good value for the money. ”
- 07 Jan 2014 Kathryn USA
- “ Wifi barely worked. Front staff woman was very rude to myself and a few others. ”
- 07 Nov 2013 Emily Canada
- “ This place nickel and dimes you every chance they get, with already high rates for rooms especially considering the seedy area of town it is in. Also, the WiFi system is expensive and doesn't work! I paid $10 for a few MB and it wouldn't connect. When I complained to the manager she just sneered and said, "I have nothing to do with it. Guess you shouldn't have given your money to this website." She generally gave off the impression that she didn't want anyone bothering her; very unwelcoming. ”
- 30 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA