The Old Countryhouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I really enjoyed this hostel. It's on the Yellow bus line very close to the city; easy to get from/to using public transport from the airport. The place had a really cozy feel and was kept exceptionally clean. The staff was always helpful and friendly. The only negatives were that they didn't have any ovens in the kitchen and the Wi-Fi was horribly slow and often went down. ”
- 02 Apr 2015 Sumit USA
- “ Staff very nice, and it's clean BUT They want you are 100% happy (100%safe, 100%clean, etc.etc.), but if we can be 100% less tired when you wake up... could be great!!! Because of the beds are not fixed, and when the guy under move (or maybe just breathes) you move too... it's the worse night I passed in a hostel in NZ... ”
- 06 Mar 2015 Anonymous France
- “ Very good hostel. Staff friendly and facilities very great. The bedrooms are very large and the atmosphere is good. Definitively recommend this place. Beautiful hostel. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Sophie France
- “ Lovely, clean place with cosy atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff that make you feel at home. Well equipped kitchen and fast and reliable free wifi. I would stromlos recommend the place. ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ Definitely one of the nicest hostels on our trip! Facilities were really clean and nice looking, sauna and outdoor hot water tub were great addition and we met really nice people here! Definitely not your party hostel, but ideal just for chillin' out and spending a nice evening with fellow travelers. Walk to Christchurch centre takes 15-20 min. Only minus was that there were just two bathrooms/showers in a house with two 6 people dorms, which makes them very crowded in the morning. ”
- 08 Sep 2014 Anonymous Finland
- “ Staff sought to be helpful but didn't always cone across as knowledgeable - e.g. Mixed signals on whether bikes could be hired. ”
- 23 May 2014 Matthew England