The Palace Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff was not welcoming at all and was high once. The rules said it should be quiet at 12 but some nights is was music and loud talk all night, which the staff didn't do anything about (since they joined). Our door couldn't be looked from inside our room. The facility was dirty and a lot of stuffs were broken. I will never stay at this hostel again and will tell my friends not to go there either. ”
- 22 Mar 2016 Erika Sweden
- “ The Bad: The showers and bathrooms were dirty. The 10 person mixed dorm I was in didn't have AC and had a huge ground floor window wide open all night to get airflow, which is probably a security concern. The living area is not much to speak of. The Good: It's relatively cheap. The staff are very friendly and get to know everyone quickly and go out at night with the guests. Everyone I met there, whether they worked there or not, was welcoming and good company. ”
- 15 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ It was very dirty. One of the bathrooms didn't have hot water. There were bugs on the bed and wall. The lock on the door of the room was damaged. ( an actual hole in the door lock area ) the staff was not helpful it was a terrible experience. ”
- 28 Jan 2016 alia
- “ Bad experience. Dirty, unsafe, difficult to get to by car and unprofessional staff. Only one bathroom F+M with sort-of warm water (always busy) for about 40 people in this shabby hostel. Filth and dirt and biting ants are everywhere. Not enough places to sit in common areas, kitchen is a joke as are the memebrs of staff. TV broken. Plus it is difficult to get who is staff and who's backpacker! Place is loud even long after 11 p.m. Bottom of the staircase not lit and ALWAYS filthy... Stay away! ”
- 15 Jan 2016 Anonymous USA