The Palace Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Bad experience. Dirty, unsafe, difficult to get to by car and unprofessional staff. Only one bathroom F+M with sort-of warm water (always busy) for about 40 people in this shabby hostel. Filth and dirt and biting ants are everywhere. Not enough places to sit in common areas, kitchen is a joke as are the memebrs of staff. TV broken. Plus it is difficult to get who is staff and who's backpacker! Place is loud even long after 11 p.m. Bottom of the staircase not lit and ALWAYS filthy... Stay away! ”
- 15 Jan 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Had a good week at the Palace hostel. Friendly staff, always willing to help... ”
- 27 Feb 2015 chad
- “ I was not expecting anything fancy, but this hostel is completely disgusting. Moldy ceilings, dust everywhere, smell of mildew, horrible bathroom. Our room was downstairs pretty much IN the lobby area and across from the kitchen. Not worth it, I would never return. I will pay a little more next time just to stay in a decent place. ”
- 15 Feb 2015 Tanya
- “ This building is inhabitable. Disgusting. Room reaked of mildew, mold streaks down the walls. The bathroom looked infected with what appeared to black mold in the tub. Didn't even feel clean washing my hands there. We stayed for a mere 75 minutes before finding a new place, The International Hostel. The staff is a joke. Appear to be teenagers with their attitude, disrespect, and condensing tone. At no point did the staff seem interested in the concerns their customers expressed. DONT STAY HERE. ”
- 15 Feb 2015 Tiffany