Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Had a really nice stay in Phoenix. Nice staff, and a wonderful location. The hostel is located right in the city centre, and has a very good access to everywhere. Strongly recommend!! ”
- 21 Feb 2017 Anonymous China
- “ We reserved a double twinbed room. The room was a great rate for the location, amenities, and amount of space. However, the room smelled a little of smoke and I guess there is smoking allowed in certain parts of the hostel (my bad I didn't research). Since I'm allergic, I asked to cancel and they accommodated my request. They were extremely helpful and even assisted with translating my new hotel's address and hailing a cab for me. Real great service here with passionate, caring staff. Thank you! ”
- 28 Nov 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel exceeds my expectation beyond and above. The stuffs are super nice, friendly and will try to help you in every possible means. There was a single private room available and I was very late at night. The guy at the front desk upgraded my dormitory room to a private room voluntarily without charging me a any extra penny; just unbelievable!!! I really enjoyed my stay here and I will be back again. The hostel is not just excellent it's just OUTSTANDING!!!! ”
- 08 Nov 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ It's a very good place to stay and well located! It's close to the main places and the MRT, so it's easy to get around. We can also recommend the shuttle service to the airport. The bed was not too comfortable, but fine and the room had a window and it was clean. We would definetely stay there again!! ”
- 25 Oct 2016 Anonymous Germany
- “ Really enjoyed staying in this hostel. I stayed for 4 nights, and did not find any problem. Location was nice. Takes only 1~2 minutes from the Dashijie subway satation. Less than 40 min to Waitan by walk, 10 min to Yuyuan by taxi(20 yuan.) Dormitory was cozy and nice, with excellent wifi connection. Staff were friendly and diligent. Most of them speaking fluent English. Enjoyed being friend with them. Especially was helped a lot from Wendy. She taught me some basic Chinese for travel:) ”
- 14 Sep 2016 Anonymous South Korea
- “ The Phoenix hostel is located in the center of Shanghai, well suited to tour the city. The room was clean and in in good shape. Only disantvantage: The airconditioner outlet blows directly towards the top of the bed. There is a cool rooftop bar and a restaurant in the basement, which offers a large varity of dishes in good quality. The Phoenix Hostel can definitly be recomended. ”
- 03 Sep 2016 Peter Germany