Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Create a common room filled with chairs, maps, and tour books. ”
- 28 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Great Location near the subway to everywhere! ”
- 19 Aug 2014 Kevin USA
- “ No safes in the room I was in, but staff was trustworthy and they would let you lock things up at the front desk. This is my only real complain. Otherwise everyone was friendly and helpful and quick to respond to any problems. If you don't speak Chinese it may be a little tougher as many of the staff don't speak English. But enough do so it shouldn't be an issue. ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Kellen USA
- “ I think this is good place to stay. ”
- 11 Feb 2014 Anonymous Japan
- “ Travelinformation on trainservice etc. Can be improved. Offer on Tours not available during lower season. ”
- 12 Oct 2013 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ I found The phoenix probably the best hostel in my experiences in China. Very good and professional staff, really well located in the center, near many good restaurants and shops. The balcony in the last floor has a wonderfull view of the old streets of Shanghai, perfect to enjoy drinks and breakfast or surf in Internet. ”
- 07 Oct 2013 Jorge Spain