The River Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Nice place to stay a night or two. Many guests enjoyed the night life but they didn't make enough noise to bother us much. Staff were great at recommending good food/things to see. ”
- 06 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I really enjoyed my stay at River Hostel. It is very close to the downtown area and close to the nightlife. The place is very clean and very well kept. The attention to travelers is awesome. Best of all, the price is definitely not bad for what you get in return. I will stay here again next time I visit Valencia. ”
- 22 Nov 2014 Samuel
- “ My train arrived in Valencia at 4 plus in the morning and I thought it would be a 7 hour wait before the check in. However, I had sent an email to the hostel to enquire and they allowed me to check in whenever I arrived. This gesture is very much appreciated. The lady doing the night shift that night allocated me a bed that was not taken so that I could check in early :) Location is pretty good, room is clean and wifi was very good. Also a very affordable price :) ”
- 18 Nov 2014 Anonymous Singapore
- “ Great place to just sleep for the night. Bathrooms are beautiful and rooms are very clean. Not at all recommended as a Hostel to meet other people. Walking tours that I saw posters for in the Hostel were not relevant and I did not seem to meet anyone my age. Good thing I was traveling with my boyfriend because this was a great place to relax and have our own time. ”
- 24 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The Hostel itself was quite nice and well located, but it is not necessarily a hostel to come into touch with people. The common room is the only room with good wifi, so everbody sits there staring at the phone instead of meeting new people. The tables you sit on to eat are way too small. It makes it almost impossible to sit down with other people. So if you come to Valencia together with some friends, it is gonna be a nice place to stay, if you are travelling on your own, I'd choose differently ”
- 21 Aug 2014 Carina Germany
- “ Close to the city center, but that's about the only thing this hostel has going for it. The atmosphere is non existent and is particularly bad for solo travelers, and the beds are extremely squeaky and uncomfortable. Additionally, there is only working WiFi on the ground floor (inexcusable) On the bright side, the bathrooms are spacious, the hostel is very clean, the location is excellent, and it is a quiet place that is good for resting up. Overall, I would not recommend staying here. ”
- 12 May 2014 Michael USA