The Royal Bayswater Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ For this money, you cannot really expect much of quality and luxury, of course. But still, our room (4 bed mixed dorm) was so small, that we couldnt stay in there with closed windows, as we would have suffocated, so the windows had to be open 24/7. Unfortunately, directly in front of the window, we could see and especially HEAR the very loud noise of the building's air conditioning system or something similar, which sounded like an industrial excavator working non-stop. Hard to sleep with this. ”
- 15 Jul 2014 Tolga Germany
- “ They charge you for everything, but it's perfectly located, the bathrooms are clean and it is possible to sleep and rest well even in the 20 beds bedroom. Perfect for low budgets! ”
- 04 Apr 2014 Anonymous Argentina
- “ I didnt like the hostel, it was really a mess when we got there. The beds werent cleary assigned and they didnt treat us correctly! Its a hostel for one night cheap in London, not more. ”
- 03 Apr 2014 Maria Argentina
- “ Some of the staff members are friendly others are not. Some toast with jam is not a breakfast... ”
- 29 Mar 2014 Judith Germany
- “ Worst hostel you could stay in. Aside from the location, there was nothing going for it. Hidden fees everywhere-- 6 quid for a locker, 1 quid for internet for fifteen minutes, cold showers, uncomfortable beds, can literally just walk up into the rooms even without one of the keys. Just push the door open. The doors to the room pop open half the time, so it'd be really easy to just go in and steal things. There is really no good common area to make friends. Staff was rude and condescending. ”
- 02 Mar 2014 Anastacia USA
- “ Good position, just in front of Hyde Park, for a reasonable price. The staff is very kind. The rooms are however pretty small, and no space for storage luggage. The lockers are all broken. The rooms and beds are quite old and not very well cleaned. There is not free wi-fi!! If you pay by card they will charge you an extra fee, and it was not announced before. Good if you need to spend just 1-2 nights. ”
- 08 Feb 2014 Alessandro Italy