The Secret Garden Quito
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I know better to go with my first insticts but this time I dud not and booked a dorm here. Arrive at 2 PM and the lady says the reception for some reason is on the 5th floor. Ok, except I go up there and it's closed up and locked. I walk through the entire place and finally get "oh just wait a minute" over an hour goes by, still can't get checked in, fed up I left. That's ok though I saw the gross beds,baths and rooms while waiting. Then of all things they lie to hostels.com about it. ”
- 18 Dec 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I had my purse stolen from within another purse, in my bag, on top of my bed! (I was in a 6 bed dorm). Staff show no interest in the fact that it had been taken or any concern for the lack of security. Rooms were also noisy with people coming and going, moving to another room that fed off the dorm. There were also no curtains in the dorm which wasn't a privacy issue but just meant that the light came in first thing in the morning. ”
- 30 Jul 2015 Alice New Zealand
- “ The hostel is great, has atmosphere and is Young and vibrant, but a little too noisy. Loved the terrace, the breakfast, the stop to wifi in the bar after 6pm. Fantastic Taxi service, travel agency etc. ”
- 18 Jul 2015 Serena
- “ Marvelous! Incredibly efficient. A plate of food waiting for us within half an hour of our arrival. Wonderful breakfast the next morning. Very welcoming, very thoughtful. And the rooftop terrace/restaurant was so beautiful. Full of flowers, as was the whole hotel--potted plants brightening up everywhere your eyes fell. That kind of attention to detail is most impressive. ”
- 10 Jun 2015 Ann USA
- “ It was my first time staying at a hostel and I'm glad I stayed at this one - it made for a good "first" experience :) ”
- 02 Jun 2015 Anonymous Sri Lanka