The Tropics Hotel and Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Stayed for about 5 nights. It was a great time, the staff is very friendly and welcoming (Ms. Teay!). I had to move dorm for a couple of times as I had not reservation for the whole nights, and they give priority to groups that have reserved. Anyway, they try to find the best way to help. Swimming pool is a very cool facility, but water is quite warm. Rooms are spacious, and though old fashioned, clean as can be. Don't expect a posh modern looking place, but a quiet and comfortable hostel. ”
- 20 Jul 2014 Anonymous Argentina
- “ This hotel is infested with termites. The first room we were given when we checked in was filthy (cigarette butts & condom wrappers), and termites in the bed base. We made complaints and asked for our money back but management refused! ”
- 12 Jun 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Beautiful Hostel, perfect location and amazing staff. ”
- 27 May 2014 Elise France
- “ We were in a 4-bed dorm on the 1st floor. Very old furniture in the hostels, no lockers. No wireless in the room. We were cold without duvet, we ask a the reception if they had some, the only thing they could provide us were bed linen. Unpleasant staff, we were told different things by staff regarding check in of one of us staying an extra night, finally he could not have the room at 9am since other people had to check out from that room (the night before we were told the opposite!). ”
- 03 Feb 2014 Anonymous France
- “ Nice spot right at the Beach; the pool was quite dirty but who needs a pool if you can have the ocean? ;-) Friendly staff; rooms alright. ”
- 20 Dec 2013 Lisa Germany
- “ everyhing nice,,,would be perfect parking service as well as a printer for web checkin boarding passes!!! ”
- 15 Nov 2013 Gilberto Mexico