The Tropics Hotel and Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We were in a 4-bed dorm on the 1st floor. Very old furniture in the hostels, no lockers. No wireless in the room. We were cold without duvet, we ask a the reception if they had some, the only thing they could provide us were bed linen. Unpleasant staff, we were told different things by staff regarding check in of one of us staying an extra night, finally he could not have the room at 9am since other people had to check out from that room (the night before we were told the opposite!). ”
- 03 Feb 2014 Anonymous France
- “ Nice spot right at the Beach; the pool was quite dirty but who needs a pool if you can have the ocean? ;-) Friendly staff; rooms alright. ”
- 20 Dec 2013 Lisa Germany
- “ everyhing nice,,,would be perfect parking service as well as a printer for web checkin boarding passes!!! ”
- 15 Nov 2013 Gilberto Mexico
- “ Stayed for one night in a nice and clean double bed room. The bathroom was small but well furnished. There is no parking lot at the hotel, but around the corner there is a public parking for $16 per night. Bad things: We could only connect to the wi-fi in the lobby and there was a horrible smell in the hall way areas. Good things: Close to the beach and all the places "to be" in South Beach. Great atmospehere and nice pool. Good value for money! ”
- 30 Jul 2013 Anonymous Denmark
- “ We stayed only one night on the Tropics and we regretted not staying there more days. The facilities are great even if we did not get to enjoy them at large. The location is amazing, very close to the beach, to Lincoln Road and to Ocean Drive, but still not an excessively busy neighborhood. ”
- 01 Jul 2013 Anonymous Uruguay