The Venice Beach Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Overpriced. I have stayed in several hostels, best part of this was hot shower. Location was ok, common area felt Nice but private room (located 3 min drive from the actual building) was noisy and cold. Would not stay again. ”
- 11 Nov 2015 Maiju Charlotta Finland
- “ I felt really unsafe and I stayed for $45 USD at first cause I thought it would be good and then through desperation and it was a really bad experience. I had to get up to go to the airport and everyone was drinking and smoking until 3.30am. There we no security and no locks or handles on the bathroom doors so if you were having a shower anyone could walk in. ”
- 05 Sep 2015 Sophie
- “ A very ominous "Hostel". You get a different adress under which no hostel is listed in Google maps. There is no sign on the house who shows you that there is a hostel in it. Seems to be a normal family house. check is in the kitchen and they give no receipts. They even charged to much. Bathrooms very bad with no privacy. On some day the front door was open the whole night while the staff was sleeping. Luggage storage fee 5-10 dollars. By the way "next to the beach" means a 25 min. walk. ”
- 02 Sep 2015 Janine
“ Final price from Hostels.com booking confirmation is not guaranteed, however terms and conditions declares it! Be prepared pay 15% more. The lowest ratio service/price accommodation in our three weeks trip. ”
All prices are excluding tax & that is clearly stated on the booking site.
- 15 Aug 2015 Martin Slovakia
“ This was by far the worst accommodation we stayed in California, from start to finish our experience in Venice Beach Hostel was terrible. The hostel is 2 separate houses in a residential areas with no signs to let you know its a hostel so it's difficult to locate. The hostel is very dirty and the doors to the hostel are rarely closed so your belongings are far from safe. On top of this the guy who checked us in seemed stoned & we got fined for parking our car in the area we were told to park in ”
These guests parked directly beneath a sign that read DO NOT PARK MONDAY 7.30AM TO 9.30AM STREET CLEANING, when we declined to pay the &85 ticket they threatened the staff with ;the worst review money can buy' and here it is !!!!!
- 15 Aug 2015 Daire
- “ Nice place to stay, which is pretty close to the beach. Staff was great, atmosphere was lively. Would stay again ”
- 13 Aug 2015 Sean Canada
- “ Awesome place. Great staff and facilities ”
- 08 Aug 2015 Braden
- “ I had a great time staying here! Short walk to the pier which is great for running, lifting, watching, looking etc... The dorm was great, comfy bed and the balcony doors stayed open and let in fresh air all night through. Only downer was the wi-fi, but Starbucks is a short walk and offers free high-speed wi-fi for when you need that. I'll be staying here next time I'm in LA for sure. ”
- 21 May 2015 Fredrik Norway
- “ Ian and the guys were nice. The facility is good for what is needed for a hostel. It's what it should be and comfortable. ”
- 13 May 2015 Anonymous USA
“ One very self-righteous staff member who was not popular with any of the guests I talked to. Was rude and mother henned the guests. The cots are very unsupportive. I'm not a big guy but I found my bed sagging so much that my back was bent all night. Otherwise decent facility with serviceable facilities and a good location. Enjoyed the company of the othet residents. ”
We weren't rude David - just had to make you aware that taking peoples food isn't cool .
- 13 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA