The Venice Beach Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ One very self-righteous staff member who was not popular with any of the guests I talked to. Was rude and mother henned the guests. The cots are very unsupportive. I'm not a big guy but I found my bed sagging so much that my back was bent all night. Otherwise decent facility with serviceable facilities and a good location. Enjoyed the company of the othet residents. ”
We weren't rude David - just had to make you aware that taking peoples food isn't cool .
- 13 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I stayed here for a week at the beginning of January. Ian the owner and Sandra, a lovely girl that worked there were super friendly and helpful. They helped me organise my trip and offered to run some errands for me. Staying at this hostel you feel part of the family with really cozy communal rooms to meet other travellers. Breakfast was exactly how it should be at the price. Rooms were perfectly clean and comfortable. Location is perfect, 15min walk to venice beach & 5 min to supermarket. ”
- 11 Jan 2015 Suki England
- “ This is a very homey hostel, i like the atmosphere. Staff are very nice as well. ”
- 23 Dec 2014 Anonymous Egypt
- “ Hostel wouldn't let me stay more than one night because I'm American which is BS. I am an international traveler. I just came from overseas. Staff (Colombian woman) was rather weird and accused me of smoking on the premises. Which was false. Close to beach. ”
- 11 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ At first I thought Venice Beach Hostel was a bit shady because they aren't up front with you about where it's actually located (you get an email after booking that asks you to check in at a different address, which is the actual location), but after arriving I felt more comfortable with the stay. I liked the hostel's at home feel, laid-back atmosphere, and sense of privacy. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about local going-ons and things to do. ”
- 07 Nov 2014 Meghan USA
- “ Great little wee secret run by awesome staff. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Daniel New Zealand
- “ I had an amazing time staying here! Ian and the rest of the staff were informative and friendly. A very relaxed environment. The beds are simple but adequate. It's clean and the facilities are all any traveller needs. Venice beach is a 20min walk away, but in the lovely LA sun is totally worth it. Transport links are close by. I had an awesome time here and recommended it to some fellow travellers who also loved it. I'll definitely stay here again when i'm back in LA! ”
- 25 Aug 2014 Daniel England
- “ Had so much fun here, always something to do in venice beach. Awesome people awesome vibes at our hostel. It was cleaned every day and sheets were changed often. Just a short walk to all of the action or there's a bus stop right across the street. I would recommend this to any young traveller looking to meet new people! ”
- 12 Aug 2014 Laura Canada
“ This hostel is pretty far from the beach; you have to check-in at a different place than stay (we stayed in a private room); the storage of the lagguage will cost you $5 after 1pm. Room wasn't cleaned during our 4 day stay. ”
We do not clean private rooms during guests stay unless requested, dormitory rooms are cleaned daily.
- 06 Aug 2014 Anonymous Russia